Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

France will do these on the break

Belgium look the more dangerous on the counter here

It’s a bit Derry vs Kerry

Surely France have somebody better than Marcus Thuram. I would have put that in with me eye(s) closed. Or at least it would have smacked off me face rather than me shoulder.

That’s the most Mbappe-thing Mbappe has done in ages

Lukaku is a monster of a man. Maybe not an athlete mind you

Brilliant goal saving tackle by Theo Hernandez there.

Belgium really growing into this game. So France will surely nick one

1 Like

This is a bang average side by French standards, don’t look like they’ll go far. They don’t even look like beating Belgium here but if they do the first proper team they meet will put them to the sword e.g. Spain.

Kolo Muani and a near 38 year old Olivier Giroud the only other options in the squad. Maybe Barcola as an inside forward otherwise. Considering the depth charts that we see for France they are a little bit light on the centre-forward front.

Why is Benjamin Pavard out of favour at RB? He has a real penchant for scoring one of those edge of the box efforts they keep smashing over. As ourselves and Argentina both learned to our detriment.

There’s a bang of Euro 2004 France off them in that they are not an average team, they’re just not at it.

Useless trivia fact: France have never lost a major finals tournament game in Germany.

They didn’t qualify for the 1974 World Cup or Euro '88, went unbeaten at the 2006 World Cup, beat Germany at Euro 2021 in Munich in their one game in Germany in that tournament, and are unbeaten so far in this tournament.

Lukaku and KDB could become an issue without the ball as it goes on

Onana is doing the work of two men in midfield. Basically manning the ship with 5 attack minded players ahead of him.

Mangala on now I see actually. Theate at LB looks to have taken hair inspiration from Meath star Emma Duggan.

1 Like

Kolo Muaniiiiiiiiiiiiii

1 Like

Vertonghen own goal really. The stroke of luck the French needed.

Tres Jammay

He was the yard slow

Belgium may as well have not participated in this tournament for all the impact they made in it.

A pox of a goal to win a pox of a match.

Doku was Belgium’s main threat, they just didn’t get him the ball enough. He had Koundé in bother.

1 Like

There won’t be a snail milked all week.