Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Security guard puts Morata out of the final and probably does his ACL. He should get together for a drink with Tony Adams.

https://twitter.com/IbaiLlanos/status/1810786282433302684

A meek exit from the French. Should have been gone earlier. at nothing

1 Like

Was that lad born in 2007

Ffs sake

1 Like

Hopefully thats the end of Deschamps.

sorry mate, was watching the hoops

1 Like

I donā€™t like Deschamps but Frsnce were always going to struggle with Mbappe being so poor.

That Morata injury sums that poor chap up.

Havenā€™t seen all of it but what I have rings true with that. Could Spain Germany QF have been the deciding match?

Definitely the best game between the two best teams in the tournament.

The teams who have left a positive impression in this tournament are Spain, Germany, Holland, Turkey, Austria, Georgia. They all went out to attack, not contain (well Germany did a bit against Spain but they did their fair share of attacking as well).

France, England, Italy, Portugal, Belgium and so many others have stunk the place out.

Mbappes woes in this tournament just shows again the greatness of messi and to a lesser extent Ronaldo. Every other great player is just great for a few years or just in flashes throughout their career. Nobody comes near the consistent greatness of the two lads. Even messis supposed flop tournaments he was ten times better than mbappe was in this one.

3 Likes

Iā€™d give Mbappe a hesitant pass due to the injury, apparently it was also affecting his sleeping too. I donā€™t recall Messi playing a tournament with a broken nose

A lot of the journalists are mentioning how run down Germany is. There train system seems like a disaster which surprised me.

Also one was mentioning thereā€™s no 3G or 4G either in the big cities which is surprising. Seems cash is king too.

Was in Berlin for work last November and the same thing struck meā€¦ the place looked an awful kip, dirty and unkept. I was never there before and it didnā€™t entice me back

1 Like

Interesting.

It surprised me I thought the Germans were masters at hosting these sort of events as well.

By comparison, I had been in Belgrade and Sarajevo just beforehand and my impressions were the opposite, despite worse weather.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Mbappe oddly enough has had great World Cupā€™s but has had poor enough Euros.

Same amount of euro goals as Sean st ledger

I think this remains my favourite ever hat trick.

This was the definition of big time 1980s international football. The national stereotypes are writ large in the play. Dutch technical excellence, a detached cool, devastating execution. English huff and puff. The Ye Olde English working class gentleness and dignity of Bobby Robson as he endured it all in his company man blazer. The sun, the running track, the sponsors hoardings, the partition fences and the supporters sitting on walls at the back of the terraces. The feeling of bigness of it all.

Iā€™ve never ever trusted England to beat Holland when it really matters and I never will. The Dutch are an odd people. Theyā€™re all odd. Odd fuckers. Blunt. The way they speak, the way they interact. They have a deep belief that they are better than you. That always makes them dangerous.

Holland to win 3-1.