Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

He’d a lovely assist for xavi simons in fairness

2 Likes

Arsenal would have been better wiping their holes with the 100m

1 Like

I see a lot of bollox talk on twitter, from the occupied 6 mainly, about how much the Irish have in common with the Spanish. We have fuckall in common with them.

4 Likes

He’d a wanker interview over the last few days talking about having to give mainoo a bollocking for a mistake he made! After him giving away a goal!? Fucking brain dead.

He’s no business being on the same field as dani alves

I thought he was terrible tonight and I wouldn’t watch much football. He doesn’t seem to have a good first touch and some of his passing is very poor, even short ones. He also seems to have an odd stride where he seems to drag his leg behind him if that makes sense.

They didn’t even flash a smile apparently

2 Likes

It would’ve been a travesty if Spain didn’t win that tournament. Beating Germany, France and England is the toughest route a team has taken to tournament success in the modern era. I’d doubt any team had as taxing a run even in the 8 team Euro days. Not only that but they managed to oust the 3 pre-tournament favourites in the spaces of 9 days which belied the short recovery time. Nico is a cut above the older brother Inaki. Bilbao will have their work cut out to keep the big dogs from prising him away this summer.

Staggering to think that England had a lower xG than Croatia at the tournament. I know they missed a few chances in the 3-0 defeat to Spain but their match against Italy was a dour enough affair. Southgate can easily make claim to being their most successful manager since Alf Ramsey but he’s definitely holding them back with his pragmatic approach. You’d be happy enough for him to stay on for the foreseeable. I thought England were going to snare a fortuitous penalty when Ivan Toney appeared to take a tumble in the box at that 89th minute corner.

7 Likes

Ruiz really stepped up in Rodrigo’s absence. Had a great tournament

2 Likes

It’s no laughing party.

2 Likes

It wasn’t nearly as bad as the 2020 final.

They should be building the team around foden not Bellingham.

You’d nearly feel sorry for Kane. At this stage of his career you’d think he’d have won a few trophies by accident even. A few auld league cups or Europa leagues even

Foden is a complete coward of a player. Palmer is far better

3 Likes

The last English manager to win the league was Howard Wilkinson.

The last English manager to win a trophy was Harry Redknapp.

Give it 'Arry.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1812619820451631111

Spain and Spanish club teams are developing a John Kiely-esque record in major finals

He is some player. Bestrode the field like a colossus in that 2nd half in Rodris absence.

It’s the entitlement of the English team that gets me. They go one down, and Kane and Pickford “calm down, calm down, hurry, hurry hurry” as if it is Man City going 1 down against Torquay United in the FA Cup and they’re all scrambling to right the embarrassing error of going one down against the minnows. The same against Slovakia I think it was.

1 Like

Some journalist fairly stuck to the boot into Southgate on football weekly. Said he’s dripping in Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace and a loser.

Harsh enough imo.

Playing Kane injured was criminal tbf.

They do have a good squad but they are getting away with the quality of it. They’ve a whole host of wide forwards but lacking into other positions. I’m not sure it’s as good as they make out.,