Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

And Stones was way off his city form. He looked laboured in games. He nearly turned one into his own net the other night because he couldn’t move his feet quick enough. He wasn’t blameless in the Swiss goal by leaving a routine ball go past him along the ground . In a city side he deals with those. For a lad so good he can play in midfield at times he spent a lot of this tournament looking like he didn’t know what to do with the ball or at times just launched one. That’s not like him at all.

French keeper and Rodri ahead of Kroos for me

2 Likes

Maignon would be lost at midfield

4 Likes

I meant him in goals. Typing out that Georgian keepers name is a days work

The blonde Turk deserved a spot. He was better than the Spanish youngster.

1 Like

Its Opta so I’d imagine its just based on stats

Football isn’t just based on stats.

When picking a team of the tournament your starting point would be the entirety of the Spanish first 11. Then you’d have to make a bloody good case as to why any of them should be dropped for somebody from another team.

I would find it hard to believe that any remotely serious attempt at a “team of the tournament” wouldn’t have a minimum of eight Spanish players.

Kroos instead of Rodri, lolz

But I think that’s what that above is, a team based on Opta stats. UEFA haven’t released theirs yet

Mamardashvilli
Kounde Stones Laporte Cucurella
Rodri
Ruiz Olmo
Yamal Gakpo Williams

He only played intermittently for City all season.

Rodri will have to be in any team of the tournament, he ran the show in multiple games.

Both the rest won’t be too far off.

Mendez far better than Cucurella.

ties back to mine

Gakpo was the player of the tournament for many.

Hopefully he can continue that form into the club season.

1 Like

Kroos is an all timer but he’s been lauded for a few handy passes for years now. Rodri by a mile.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like