Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

You spent the match talking non stop about shaw and mainoo and were making jokes about people with special needs mate. Another normal day for the laois man

2 Likes

Sorry pal, I was analysing the game during the game and the weak links therein. I don’t recall mentioning any special teams.

Aside from Spain.

Special needs jokes. Great craic

3 Likes

Where was the joke?

Phil Foden was England’s James Bond at the tournament 0 goals, 0 assists, 7 games.

Southgate ruined him. He’ll have to go.

“But Stones is under pressure and returns it to Pickford. Pickford is also under pressure and boots the ball straight out of play for a Spain goal-kick. Ollie Watkins scowls at him. Pickford shrugs and grimaces at once, like a man who has stolen a hedgehog, stuffed it down his trousers and is now trying to play it cool in front of the parish elders.”

https://twitter.com/jonathanliew/status/1812958402743861683?t=zcRU0mUZoGPltlAtJcHIoA&s=19

5 Likes

twee bogball joke done every time someone loses a big game?

7 Likes

Are you not in Coolock putting out fires?

4 Likes

A few crazy stats in there

Between the Stones back-pass in the 76th minute and a Bellingham aerial duel in the 88th, England did not have a single touch in the Spain half. In that time, Spain had 80 touches in the England half. Watkins goes 16 minutes without a touch.

2 Likes

Juan Mata with a page full of notes in front of him.

Rio Ferdinand with "vibes" written on his#ESPENG pic.twitter.com/0PVSPL2ZXF

— Andy McCarroll (@Andymc1983) July 14, 2024
3 Likes

Had to laugh at Tony Leen’s team of the tournament in the Examiner. Rice and Saka both made the 11. You’d never guess Tony supports Arsenal. John Stones the only England player anywhere near the conversation.

Saka is probably in the conversation, was England’s best attacking player in their toughest matches. But Yamal or Dembele would probably have to get ahead for consistency.

Rice is nowhere near; he had a poor tournament by his standards, you couldn’t possibly have him over any of the Spanish midfielders.

Stones & Pickford were probably contenders for a team who got to the final.

1 Like

Ah here, Dembele and consistency dont go in the same sentence. Not even in this tournament.

Why are England fans moaning? I see a lot of comments on “we expect to easily qualify out of the group” or “we expect to get to a final” etc. Are their players really that good, or is it Sky Sports hype? I mean, “expecting” to beat Slovakia? Why should they expect to beat anyone?

That seems about right

3 Likes

Gapko was useless v England

Fuckers have never had it so good truth be told.

That goalie is completely made up.