Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Trent totally out of he’s depth in midfield.

Serbia the better team in the 2nd half so far.

1 Like

England need to get all the Palace players on

Serbia are all over them.

1 Like

England are the 2nd best team with the best players, Southgate must go. Ollie Watkins on for Kane would be a start.

1 Like

I can’t stand Gordon but I agree with Houghton that his pace could be a huge asset here.

Playing Trent as a central two in midfield when he has never played there for his club is naive in the extreme.

VAR has ruined one of the greatest games in the world. I saw the disallowed Croatia goal (just once) yesterday and I am sure a Spanish player encroached too

Kane is moving like a slug up top.

They’ll win two or three nil and all will be forgiven and forgotten. Not a hope of winning the tournament though

Foden struggling when not surrounded by good players.

Trippier in obvious pain

‘He’s stretching his leg so he must be alright’ says shearer

Is the Phil Foden who plays for Man City and the one who plays for England definitely the same fella?

I can’t believe Gallagher is playing for England in a major tournament. It’s like when Danny Mills, Phil Neville or Trev Sinclair used to get game time and you’d know they’ll never do fuck all

1 Like

That’s a good stop

its coming

Pickford has a touch of Tourettes.

In my time watching football England have always been a great team to score the first goal in major finals matches, usually inside the first quarter.

Then it can go one of two ways.

Middling or worse teams tend to capitulate against them. Examples include Poland 1986, Paraguay 1986, Colombia 1998, Denmark 2002, Switzerland 2004, Sweden 2018, Ukraine 2021, Senegal 2022.

But if they’re playing a decent or better team, what usually happens is they tend to steadily lose control of the game the longer it wears on and either draw unimpressively or lose. Examples include Ireland 1990, Sweden 1992, Germany 1996, Romania 2000, Sweden 2002, Brazil 2002, Portugal 2004, Colombia 2018, Croatia 2018, Italy 2021,

And sometimes England take early leads and then lose control or capitulate against poor teams, ie. Switzerland 1996, USA 2010, Iceland 2016.

There’s another category of England finals match - the 0-0 bore where England steadily lose control the longer it goes on. Examples are Denmark 1992, Spain 1996, Portugal 2006, Italy 2012, Scotland 2021.

This game looks like it could still fall into Category 2.

Mainoo to score

Or get sent off

When is Southgate going to grow a pair and take off Kane?