Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Always an angle

Cristiano Ronaldo has now provided more assists than any other player in EUROs history

Still, Cristiano is a different beast this tournament. You’ll see.

You’ll all see.

Lads on here would be recounting games from 30 years ago like yesterday. I can’t remember where I left the car keys

Imagine being Cristiano.
Which is he?
Self forgetting
Or in agony all the time

Is that supposed to be a Haiku about CR7?

@Aertel220 I don’t trust my ability to read the fixtures. Is it just 8pm tonight & for the next few nights for the last group games with simultaneous kick offs?

8pm tonight and tomorrow then 5 and 8 Tuesday and Wednesday

1 Like

I saw Italy and Australia in the second round in 2006 at that venue. A late dodgy penalty for italy saw them on their way to ultimate glory. Mick wallace saw every Italian game at that tournament and had a decent wedge/ pension money on them to win at 12 or 14 to 1.

A classic World Cup moment if not a classic World Cup game. It was a definite penalty for me, Geoff.

I love that stadium because its sloping roof seems to lock the atmosphere in, the diagonal sections in the corner are class, and the low roof of the two tier stand meant it was a sun trap for afternoon games like Italy v Australia, which is essential for classic World Cup action.

Euro '88 in Germany was a great introduction to major finals tournament football for me because Ireland were in it and the stadiums were open air and vast with athletics tracks around the pitch and huge standing terraces. There was a proper “big” feel to that tournament. Ireland v Holland at the Parkstadion in Gelsenkirchen had an incredible feel of “bigness” about it, with vast banks of orange on one side and green on the other, the sun beating down and the players descending from the dressing rooms on escalators, and my first experience of a proper George Hamilton “oh no” moment.

People sitting perched up on walls at the back of the terraces, that’s proper “bigness” ambience.

just to confirm

it wasnt a dodgy penalty

2 Likes

That’s very magnanimous of you as a QLD native

2 Likes

What an occasion. Think McGrath hit the butt of the post with that header? Imagine Ireland ten minutes from the semi in an 8 team tournament :exploding_head: apparently bossed the Soviets too. I watched it but obviously hadn’t a clue what was going on bar what I was told in greavsies column in Shoot.

Tony O’ Donoghue comparing growing up in Germany to Scotland invariably being eliminated in the group stage. Who let him hold the fort for prime time viewing on a Sunday night?

How did Didi Hamann come to work for RTE soccer? Does anyone know the background? It must be the fourth major tournament he’s covering for RTE, must stay in Dublin for weeks on end put up by RTE. He must absolutely love his Guinness.

It’s written in the stars surely that Scotland get the required 3pts tonight to advance to knock outs?

Well he played for the cunts and RTE love anyone who ever played for the cunts.

Christ you’d have to hope the Scots get destroyed here

1 Like

Absolutely
their want to be loved is pathetic

The national pride is something to behold
even for a ‘nation’ that doesn’t want independence and self-determination.

Into these hun bastards

:hungary:

1 Like

That’s an anthem.

Na hAlbanaigh abĂș.