Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Ronnie Whelan saying they had to go for it. They absolutely didn’t. They should’ve left another man back really. They kept getting exposed down their left after Robertson went off. There were 3 chances from near identical positions. On the final chance they showed great composure to cut it back.

After Celtic sold him he said he was delighted he could get back to supporting Rangers.

2 Likes

I hope you’ve learned your lesson.

1 Like

He was woeful for Sunderland in League One… he must have improved a lot to be even at this tournament.

Didi playing 4D chess.

As someone posted earlier hard to believe Scotland let Mikey Johnston go. Would have been a good sub to bring on there.

Doak got injured so got Morgan got called up.

The thing is it was obvious before the corner that if Hungary even got a sniff of clearing it the whole lot of them would immediately gallop forward and attempt to score on the break. I’d have to see it again but did McGregor attempt to take a touch in a crowded box before shooting and got dispossessed? You haven’t got time to take a touch in that situation, everything has to be first time pulling looking for a deflection or a lucky break. Scotland got done in the classic fashion Japan were done by Belgium in 2018.

At least Japan had the excuse that was a perfectly equal situation and Belgium didn’t have the same absolute need to score in that situation. Scotland were completely forewarned. It was astounding naivety.

3 Likes

Not to be too Celtic on it but I didn’t get why anyone would think McLean would be a better left back or left wing back than Taylor. They were completely imbalanced at the end. And Christie, Armstrong, Morgan and McLean all just wanted to beat a man every time with no sense of possession or passing.

Unprofessional

What are O’Gorman & Hamann looking at?

4 Likes

You’d never get Giles and Dunohy dressed the same

2 Likes

What in the name of jaysus are they watching?

3 Likes

He did. They had a go at him on RTE for it. I’m not sure he could hit it though without a touch. It wasn’t falling to where he could volley it I didn’t think but didn’t really see it properly again.

1 Like

No peno for me. He sees the players backs into him and grabs his shirt.

3 Likes

Yeah he tried to take it down on his chest but he needed to swivel or manipulate his body some way to volley it.

Tony wondering why the goal wasn’t checked for offside.

1 Like

The offside check is automatic Tony

It’s so naive. He was ahead of him so it had to be a penalty.

It’s funny how annoying this sort of idiocy is though. It shouldn’t matter but Hamann doesn’t even see any grey area when he’s completely wrong.

2 Likes

The Scots are the worst team in the history of tournament football and it’s not even close.

Tunisia are small timers, Scotland are elite.

4 Likes