Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

That’s iddit, as the man says

Danes capitulating here like its 1940.

Ruins it.

1 Like

its like he is bewildered that players might not be perfect

2 Likes

Is he related to Federer?

Mike Maignan got a slap on the wrist for that during the week though.

I meant the phase of play that resulted in the penalty. The ball was knocked down the line & the German took an age to get onto it & put the cross in for the hand ball. Schmeichel should have toddled across & booted the ball away/into the stand. The second goal was even more bizarre in terms of retreating to his line.

1 Like

Eibhear Quillganesque.

1 Like

Where was the offside there?

Everywhere!

Strange that I only mentioned this week about this game in 06 I was at. I happened to be there with Joseph Wallace, Micks young fella who tragically died on Thursday. He was only a chap at the time, maybe 11 or 12 I’d say, Mick was in another part of the ground and Joseph and his cousin and myself were in the upper tier behind the goal. I looked up some photos I took from the game to send on to his family this week that they probably wouldnt have seen or remembered.

Some of the photos of the ground here.

That was an epic World cup. Travelling around Germany for 3 weeks until I ran out of money. Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munich, Cologne, Nuremburg, Kaiserslautern, didnt get up the northern part of the country. Looking back on pictures here that I havent seen in a long time.

RIP Joe.

17 Likes

Notwithstanding the valiant efforts of Turkey, Georgia and Austria, this has at least so far been the most disappointing finals tournament of my lifetime.

It’s been turgid.

That’s a remarkable coincidence. God bless him.

1 Like

Euro 2012 wasn’t great bar the Germany v Italy semi-final and the Spanish brilliance in the final. Spain v Croatia in the final group game was tense too. But England and France were terrible really. The Dutch were poor too, although the final round of their group involving Germany, Denmark and Portugal was decent from what I remember.

1 Like

Yeah, this tournament is a good bit better than Euro 2012 bar Ireland were in that one.

1 Like

sadlier who I’m not sure ever played a professional game lecturing two defenders about defending

2 Likes

I like these 3 in the studio, it’s a combination with potential. Ronnie Whelan is just an insufferable cunt.

4 Likes

I agree. The 3 boys were entertaining there.

He’d fit right in here where we have experts on everything

It was like a wrestling heel turn when Kelly agreed with Kenny on the handball. It left Sadlier apoplectic because he thought Kelly was on his side. The disappointment & exasperation in his voice.

1 Like