Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Netherlands and France came from same qualifying group?

https://x.com/stokeyyg2/status/1731008826025853328?s=46&t=hSGvLmSk-FqZqCQxN6TdEQ

https://x.com/afc_ryy/status/1731007843686371676?s=46&t=hSGvLmSk-FqZqCQxN6TdEQ

:sweat_smile:

Albania have the same three opponents we had at Euro 2012.

Portugal, the Czech Republic and Turkey reunite for a Euro '96 nostalgia group that nobody will watch.

Another first round exit for Scotland beckons.

Will the Albanian shoes off brigade be belting out the Fields of Elbasan while getting pummelled 4-0 by Spain in their final group game?

2 Likes

Potential Greece v Turkey clash in that last group, if Greece can get through their play-off pathway, which I think they have a very good chance of doing.

Is there a provision for such a fixture to be scuppered by UEFA on security grounds?

I reckon the scots will go through

Groups definitely don’t seem particularly balanced.

Switzerland are their best chance of nicking a win I’d say. They’ve been in poor form over the last year and Murat Yakin appears to be a managerial downgrade on Vladimir Petkovic.

Hungary are on an upward curve.

Scotland always seem to resort to dumb Ye Olde British style when they need a win and get picked off by a technically superior team.

https://twitter.com/ToniKroos/status/1760675889136992404?t=iWIPPJo1e1Ha-yuZjNGesQ&s=19

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’ll be some occasion for the Scots to play Germany on the opening night of the tournament. Costa Rica had the honour at the last German based tournament.

Needs more collars.

Belgians into an early lead with their home and away, but the Dutch away kit is sublime

As is the Portugese

And the Italy home is a banger

And the German home

1 Like

Or RTE or virgin showing it this side of the channel?

I see none of Adeyemi, Brandt or Hummels made the Germany squad.

It’s almost time. There was a lovely prediction competition on here for the last Euros in 2021. The Turks became serious darkhorses for a few short days in early June 2021.

This would suit me much better in November / December

They did. We had great craic with the turkish brother in law who felt they really were dark horses. Myself and one of the other brother in laws had the house on Italy. A lovely time.

1 Like

You wouldn’t say that if you were still a student or working as a teacher! There will be a huge clash with the latter stages of the All-Ireland championships though.

They were in an awkward group to be fair. Italy (A) first which they were always likely to lose. Round of 16 regulars Switzerland who later eliminated France and a Wales team still more than capable with Bale and Ramsey in their ranks. The Scots are being highly spoken of this time but they’re in almost identical group with Germany, Hungary and the Swiss. Hungary will school them I’d say.

The scots have a poxy group alright. Having said that I’d expect them to spring a major surprise and will be backing them against germany.