Euroleague 2013-2014

anyone else following this ?
we are at the quarter finals stage now, best of 5 games

Real Madrid have beaten Galatasary 3-0
Maccabi Tel Aviv just beat Armani Milan 3-1
Panathanaikos - CSKA is tied 2-2
Barcelona are 2-1 up on Olympiakos

Its virtually impossible to see past Real really i think, Olympiakos beat them in last years final four in London but Real are now probably at the strength of an NBA team and have only dropped one game in Europe all year…
Maccabi Tel Aviv, seeded only seventh destroyed second seed Milan in a particually violent game tonight, the crowd as is the usual case in European basketball get pretty involved, Milan complained of their safety after game 3 the other night and tonight were utterly destroyed in a chaotic athmosphere…
Im hoping Panatanaikos get thru to set up European Basketball’s El Classico vs Maccabi in the final 4

:rolleyes:

would you disagree?
Reyes. LLull, Rudy Fernandez to name but 3…

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 936018, member: 367”]would you disagree?
Reyes. LLull, Rudy Fernandez to name but 3…[/QUOTE]

actualy throw in your man Mirotic as well

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 936018, member: 367”]would you disagree?
Reyes. LLull, Rudy Fernandez to name but 3…[/QUOTE]
Fernandez couldn’t cut the mustard at all in the NBA, and the other two boys, while undoubtedly top players in EL would be no more than fringe players on an NBA team. To argue those 3 constitute the strength of an NBA team is laughable.

final four under way in Milan
maccabi Tel Aviv just came back from 15 down to beat CSKA Moscow in the first semi,
Barcelona - Real Madrid is up now

This is on ESPN for those interested. Will Downing was glowing about the first game.

yeah it was nuts, i was actually roaring the cunts on when they came back from 15 down…
Maccabi Tel Aviv and Royal Madrid is the classic european final for purists.
Its a pity the likes of Galatastaray, Olympaikos arent involved as their fans are similar to Maccabi in terms of general lunacy, id say 50% of the arena is Maccabi, ( you can see all the yellow in the crowd)
Madrid seem to be in control here of a most low key affair, LLul, Fernandes, etc are beginning to play

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 945743, member: 367”]yeah it was nuts, i was actually roaring the cunts on when they came back from 15 down…
Maccabi Tel Aviv and Royal Madrid is the classic european final for purists.
Its a pity the likes of Galatastaray, Olympaikos arent involved as their fans are similar to Maccabi in terms of general lunacy, id say 50% of the arena is Maccabi, ( you can see all the yellow in the crowd)
Madrid seem to be in control here of a most low key affair, LLul, Fernandes, etc are beginning to play[/QUOTE]
Nothing will ever beat the Toni Kukoc-inspired Split team of 1989-91, mate. Eurosport News, or, as I called it, “the news”, was great for keeping up to date with the latest happenings in Europe’s premier basketball competition back then.

I thought Kukoc played with Partizan or in the earlier days Cibona Zagreb?

Maccabi Tel Aviv are European Champions for the sixth time beating Royal Madrid in OT tonight in Milan,
I and the rest of the country are going getting smashed.
More to follow
Shimon Peres has just sent his congratulations live on air to coach David Blatt

Royal Madrid are fucking seething