Nasty stuff from Andrich there

Was coming - Celtic dropping too deep but not holding ball up top

Is the Cretan centre forward hurt ??

Yes.

1 Like

Ah FFS

Double baws.

Ah we will win the ECL anyway.

Ah fuck cracking goal a savage game, Celtic subs killed them.

1 Like

Ah fuck

How’s the game going mate?

We gave it a good go.

Bringing Ajeti on was a big mistake. I know Kyogo might have been tiring but Ajeti was awful. Mikey played one ball into his feet where we had a break on that just needed to be controlled and returned to him in behind, it bounced off his shin and he ran into the defender. Leverkusen scored a few mins after when that was a great opportunity for a counter. Abada was poor enough too, Mikey was likely but constrained by the efforts of his fellow attackers.

We don’t really have the depth. Ajeti is a huge drop off from Kyogo. Abada was too loose. I thought Mikey was awful too. He gave it away constantly and whike Ajeti should have played him in better he wasn’t anywhere near direct enough on his big chance.

Lots of mistakes at the back too. Juranovic gave it away horribly a few times. Ralston was positionally poor a few times and caught out for their first two goals. But again we are relying on too few players really.

1 Like

+1.

I thought Ajeti put himself about and did well enough but the other subs were between brutal and ineffective.

Abada knocked off the ball for the winner and was very loose on the ball generally. Turned the ball over a couple of times in promising areas. You’d expect McCarthy to be covering the space where yer man cushioned the ball back to Andrich for the second. He also looked off the required pace. Johnston runs down blind alleys and also gives the ball away too cheaply. He gave one really unforgiving pass to Ajeti when we had a break on. His game intelligence lets him down a lot, even though he’s very skilful.

I know we relied on Hart’s saves before they equalised but we were a real threat on the break. I thought the centre backs were very good for us, despite the score line. The way we play is always going to leave ourselves open. Jota and Kyogo are developing a great understanding too. Plenty of positives despite the fairly sickening late defeat, but we do need a couple of January additions. We should be able to have a right crack at the Conference League.

Think you’re ridiculously harsh on Mikey. What did you expect him to do? Take the ball on and beat everyone when they got the ball? Leverkusen effectively put 3 or 4 men on him as he knew he was the only outball when the front 3 went off.

Ralston seemed to panic a bit and deviate from the Ange template in the second half. He’d a few slashed clearances and kicked the ball away a bit. A couple of times he was under pressure alright but there were times when we could have reset and built out from the back with some composure. Their movement and interplay is excellent though so he was dragged out of position a bit.

Got nothing from the three changes up front. Ralston got done as well.

At least we robbed them for Frimpong