Europa League Round of 32 featuring Celtic v Zenit ☘ 🍀 🇮🇪 🇷🇺

Celtic trained in Celtic Park this morning before flying to Russia and, as has become the norm, decided against the traditional eve of game light session at the match venue. They actually arrived in St Petersburg at 7pm local time (4pm Wexford Park time) ahead of tomorrow’s 9pm kick-off (6pm Ferrycarrig Park time). I don’t think Celtic have any new injury concerns since the first leg.

Press Conferences:

Brendan

Brown

I’m departing work at 4.15pm. I’m going to go for a championship pace 5km run before 5pm to get rid of nervous tension so I should be home to watch the game by 6pm (although I’ll be cutting it very tight). I’lll be watching the game on my own. I’ll have spag bol at half time and a cup of tea and Creme Egg at full time. Come on Celtic. :shamrock: :brendan: :dembele:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhbsHD7IEY

having the first leg at home is a huge advantage

just on arriving at 7pm local
how did Brendan make the pre match presser ?
these are mandatory and are always 24 hours before KO at the ground

Kick off is 9pm local time so Brendan Rodgers and Scott Brown went straight to the press conference upon the team’s 7pm arrival.

Squad pre-match stroll in St Petersburg earlier.

lovely scenes
Zenit famously did the viking splash tour the afternoon of the dundalk game in tallaght in nov 2016

1 Like

That’s me away home.

Catch you during the game later, mate.

Celtic have named an unchanged starting team.

Think it’s the same seven bhoys on the bench too.

Same lineup as last week bhoys

1 Like

They have Ivanovic back which is disappointing because that right back last week was hopeless.

1 Like

That clownshoe David Tanner seems to be on BT Sport now after being turfed off Sky’s Scottish football coverage for Big Hayley McQueen.

Walking down a frozen river here with Big Sutty (cc @thedancingbaby).

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/966720249406963714

2 Likes

I got lazy and didn’t go for a run. I’m lying on my bed in my socks, underpants and an Argentina WC 2006 jersey.

1 Like

Zenit pressing very hard at the outset.

Well fuck that.

Ivanovic puts Zenit 1-0 up

Bad start.

Really impressive stadium.

Did he just run off Simunovic or was someone else originally picking him up? I thought Ajer and Lustig got sucked back and one of them was supposed to hold the centre