European Cup Qualifying 2021/2022

Rovers pull one back, 2-1 down on aggregate now

Do we have any teams in the Europa League this year?

On hesgoal if people are struggling

No. CL and Conference.

Lincoln Red Imps from Gibraltar have beaten Fola Esch of Luxembourg 5-0 ( 7-2 on agg) in another great sign of progress

no europa league is only restricted to league placings in top 7 european leagues and cup winners down to a few more
i have a post on it and a decoder in the europa conference league thread

Rovers all square on aggregate now.

1 Like

Former Salford teammates Gaffney and Towell combined for the leveller.

Don’t think that was a free to be fair.

Think it was, but also got lucky with the peno to be fair.

Fuck it, still just need the one to force extra time

Are Rovers in the Conference now

Thought it was defo a penalty, the free not so sure. Played well, the other crowd didn’t look as good as I’d expected :slightly_frowning_face:

yes will enter at 3rd qualifying round (got a bye) but they are unseeded so they could hit something nasty coming out of CL 2nd round qualifiers

2 Likes

@mickee321 is on annual leave at the moment so hasn’t updated us on today’s draws for the next round of qualifying.

Celtic/Midtjylland v PSV/Galatasaray

sorry rocko and thanks for that.
i was so focused on the conference league draw I forgot about this one

1 Like

Champions path

Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Omonoia FC (CYP) vs Legia Warszawa (POL) / Flora Tallinn (EST)
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) / CFR Cluj (ROU) vs Slovan Bratislava (SVK) / Young Boys (SUI)
Olympiacos (GRE) / Neftçi PFK (AZE) vs Mura (SVN) / Ludogorets (BUL)
Kairat Almaty (KAZ) / Crvena zvezda (SRB) vs Alashkert (ARM) / Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
MalmĂś (SWE) / HJK Helsinki (FIN) vs Rangers (SCO)
Ferencvåros (HUN) / Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU) vs SK Slavia Praha (CZE)

League path

PSV Eindhoven (NED) / Galatasaray (TUR) vs Celtic FC (SCO) / Midtjylland (DEN)
Spartak Moskva (RUS) vs Benfica (POR)
Genk (BEL) vs Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Monaco (FRA) vs Rapid Wien (AUT) / Sparta Praha (CZE)

1 Like

Oh no. That’s a nasty draw.

busy night tonight lads
where are we
Full times
Alashkert 0 Sheriff Tirasspol 1
Sheriff are an anomaly in Moldovan football, well they are not actually in Moldova but Transnistria - anyway they have won something like 19 of the last 21 Moldovan championships and have a lot of investment, Dundalk put them out of the UEFA cup last year on spotters but they have been in the group stages of a few Europa Leagues now, no suprise to see them win in Armenia

I watched a bit of Cluj and the Red Imps in Gibraltar, Imps were one up at the break but Cluj came back and won 2-1, classic game in Gibraltar , rock hard pitch, gusting wind and the ball in the air

Sparta Prague are 1 up on Rapid Vienna, Ferencvaros are two up on Zalgiris and Dinama Zagreb are being held by Omonia at HT

1 Like

Eran Zehavi has PSV one up on galtasaray, he’s a goal machine

I watched some YouTube travel blogger present an episode of his travels in Moldova and Transistria. Chisinau seems like an awful shithole altogether. Transnistria is positively cosmopolitan in comparison