European Cup Rugby

No need for that.

1 Like

It looks like the final will be Ronan O’Gara v Leinster at Lansdowne Road.

Will we have Munster people turning up in Munster jerseys to support La Rochelle?

There were many Munster people, and even some from Leinster, wearing Munster jerseys at the 2009 Heineken Cup final in Edinburgh when Leinster played Leicester. They would have more excuse this time.

However I believe there will not be many Munster people turning up to Lansdowne Road for the final wearing Munster jerseys. The petty begrudgery driven by other people having the same petty begrudgery - the circle of begrudgery is simply not there, because the interest is not there. And that is a pity.

1 Like

Not Leinster’s fault but massively disappointing game. Toulouse have been awful while Leinster were ruthless when they had the extra man. Taking Dupont out of the 9 position was absolutely crazy. Leinster’s strength in depth is ridiculous though.

1 Like

Leinster look like and are as dominant as an ultra dominant Scotland team crushing a hapless Ireland at Murrayfield in the early 1990s.

A bad miss by Ramos for Toulouse over 22.5pts backers

The TMO watches the game and has access to all the footage when he wants to review something, it doesn’t matter who’s filming it, it’s not rte that choose to bring something to the TMOs attention or not.

Anyway, that was a shite game. Toulouse were really hyped up for some reason but Leinster were at their ease.

Toulouse’s indiscipline in that match was a lovely nod to how French teams of the early to mid 1990s would completely lose the head when they were getting the worst of it against the ultra-disciplined English yeomen.

I thought Toulouse might dominate Northern Hemisphere rubby when they had Kolbe running rampant but they’re very ordinary with Dupont out of position. He’s be targetted umercifully in the World Cup.

Ross Byrne was v solid again today

2 Likes

46k attendance was very good and justified the EPCR tbf.

Munster lads love to hate on Conan.

Bullshit a fucking heap of empty seats. Id imagine there was vigorous massaging of the figures afoot.

All the split season’s fault mate.

Looked 90% full to me. :man_shrugging:t2:

Early prediction, Ross Byrne to play World Cup quarter final loss and then be slated a là Ian Madigan.

1 Like

I think they’re getting very very lucky with Byrne. They’ve stumbled upon the truth. It’s gonna be different this time

He has a lovely little draw to his goal kicks, my main observation on the game, other than “Do Irish provinces get way more than their fair share of big refereeing calls in these games”?

2 Likes

Leinster rugby is too big to fail. Saying that, Ireland now has an outhalf who is playing regularly in ‘big’ games and can kick, and isn’t half concussed entering the field.

They could be onto something here.

1 Like

Nearly the entire top of the east stand was empty. One block in the very middle had a smattering of fans.

Fake news mate. This was the East Stand.

There were a couple of parts of the upper south/west and probably a couple of hundred premium spots empty in the West.

47k or 90% attendance is pretty reasonable.

Realistically the EPCR justified what they charged for the game with that turnout.