European Cup Rugby

Cant blame lancaster, all blame on cullens door

1 Like

Plug has to go.

1 Like

Leinster head coach Leo Cullen told ITV: ā€œIt was pretty devastating. We started really well. We probably had some opportunities to be even further ahead in the first half. We just couldnā€™t quite exit on our terms. You have to give La Rochelle a huge amount of credit. We started well and opposition are going to come back into it. It is the smallest of margins, painful. The players are devastated at the moment, it will take some time to get over.ā€

La Rochelle coach Ronan Oā€™Gara told ITV: ā€œItā€™s truly spectacular. We were 17-0 down, I donā€™t know how they found a way but they found a way. I am very proud of them. That was special, that was probably as hard as youā€™re going to get but fair play. I donā€™t think we got the rub of the green from Jaco [Peyper, the referee] either but I have to work with referees so I have to compose myself on that front. For Leo and his staff and team it is horrible. Thereā€™s only one team who gets to be satisfied and the other side is deep depression and I want to commend them.ā€

3 Likes

Great to see ROG sticking the knife in.

Stuck on bog2+1 for the last ten minutes. Losing a european final like that and not a tear in sight. Sham of a competition.

They were incandescent on BT Sport at the favouritism been shown by Jaco Peyper to Leinster.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t watch the end of it cause I was trying to keep an eye on the KK-Dublin match, was there not even a fella that went down at the end with his head in his hands?

Leo is not Officer Class. Thatā€™s the beginning and the end of it.

1 Like

There isnā€™t much of a troll here, most agree that ROG should get the Ireland job if he wants it. That said Farrell is the man.

Surely Ireland havent a hope in World Cup if basically the national team cant beat La Rochelle?

3 Likes

Since the France v Ireland match.

UUCOAM

1 Like

I said it before, and I say it again; I like Leinster, but the support is cuntish.

If the team is to compete, they need a few Pacific Islanders.

Got physically out muscled out there today, no excuses, better team won.

I doubt thereā€™s any issue with the cost, but Leinster are still beholden to national team requirements. Harsh imo to be laying it all on Cullen in that light

The Pacific Islander cost them the match?

7 Likes

Irelands problem at world cups has been an inability to play in consecutive weeks, and failing when the pressure has come on. Leinster sent out their 2nd string last week in defeat to Munster to keep the first team wrapped in cotton wool and avoid playing in consecutive weeks, and they have again lost when the pressure has come on today. The only hope is that Farrell can change the mindset in the months ahead, I wouldnt put it past him.
By my calculations Will Skelton has been playing for the opposition in 4 of the last 5 knockout defeats Leinster have suffered in Europe, so if Ireland could avoid him and Australia later this year that would be helpful too.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the cost, itā€™s the genes.

Last 2 mins of match, it happens.

The drop off after Sexton is huge. Hard to see him going through a World Cup campaign without getting concussed or injured.

3 Likes

Heaslip was the only one slightly put out. He seemed mildly irritated. Heā€™d likely be more distraught if a couple of boisterous GAA fans turned up in his pub. Wass listening to the football on Galway Bay FM and they informed us with a hint of glee that La Rochelle had won.

1 Like