European Cup Rugby

He was fucked. I doubt it was a preference. You’d have to be worried about his ability to lasy the pace with games in quick succession at the RWC

I don’t think so…looks like JGP gets pulled into the ruck on left hand side as you look at it…in perfect position and then a forward ends up making the pass

Pretty sweet for La Rochelle to pull the scrum half into the ruck there

Absolutely. Think JGP was so wrecked at that stage he wasn’t wise to it. Skelton basically stopped that whole drive himself. Some fitness from a big man on 80 mins.

I thought McGrath was warming up to come on much earlier but they only gave him a minute. Stupid. He is well able

1 Like

Also…wtf is Lowe doing there…wrong side of ruck contributing nothing when the ball needed to be secured.

I think they were all shattered at that stage. The intensity they brought to the first half followed by a desperate rear-guard action for the second had emptied the tank.

1 Like

Not just McGrath - they didn’t use the bench early enough at all. La Rochelle did and it made a difference in a massively physical game that came down to the wire.

1 Like

They were gassed alright which was surprising. Surprised they didn’t make more use of bench. Ngtai was enforced and the other 2 backs got a minute between them…why go 5 3 if not willing to use them

Of everything you could have said would beat Leinster I wouldn’t have thought fitness would be one.but they made nearly three times as many tackles

Snap

6 Likes

Are Ireland that dependant on Leinster really?

Starting team from french game

It’s definitely more 2/3 rather than 90% as people claim.

1 Like

Herring, Bealham and McCloskey starting a big game together is almost an anomaly it’s so rare. Murray usually behind JGP in the pecking order now too.

1 Like

Was at a funeral today and few Leinster lads in attendance. Robbie Henshaw and Jimmy O’Brien were surprisingly big in the flesh.

2 Likes

He was excellent in the appearances he made. Really didn’t think he had that level in him

3 Likes

Perhaps. But they put in their best performance of season with that team

+1. I wouldn’t have rated him until this years 6 Nations. He was very impressive. Made the overall team of the championship and all.

1 Like

Connacht coach Friend looks a big loss. Steadied up Carty and Blade as well.

1 Like

Happy to believe this version of events.

5 Likes

Oh it’s very true. He came back complaining about this cunt he had to stay with for the weekend. Obviously forgot about him for a few years until he started seeing him in the Munster/Ireland jerseys.

2 Likes