European Cup Rugby

IMG_0231

2 Likes

The SA sides are more than decent

Great post

They did. Lot of lads coming to France much younger now though into academies and qualified as french by time they are early 20s

1 Like

I’d love to go down.

ask her nicely

5 Likes

This Is Fine GIF

2000 word sketch incoming

1 Like

Hope they are all safe in Cape Town. I hear South Africa is an awful spot

2 Likes

An Eyetalian referee for the final. Should be a bit of craic.

1 Like

I asked ChatGPT to come up with a joke about Irish rugby and I got the following:

What’s the most chocolatey computer in Irish rugby?

Graham Rowntree’s Macintosh.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

He’s behind you!

A tad harsh on David Humphrey’s. I was only a gosĂșn when he was playing but I was always impressed with him. Didn’t he score something like 37 points against Wasps in a Heineken Cup match one time? He kept ROG out of the team in our first Grand Slam attempt of 2003 and the similarly successful year of 2001.

I’d be associating sure and steady with the likes of Eric Elwood, Jimmy Gopperth and Paul Warwick.

I get that rugby is an attritional sport and that Furlong is only coming back from injury but I can’t understand this practice of always taking off one of your so-called world class players with 20-25 minutes to go. The finishers are invariably a level or two down. It’s like when Mayo kept subbing Colm Boyle off at a certain stage in 2017 due to info they were getting on the GPS trackers.

6 Likes

Paul Burke

Massive miss. I’d say that was Hastoy Vs Baird was it on blind side?

jGP was poor when it came to the crunch as well
if Ross Byrne wasnt gonna drive the drop goal attempt JGP should have forced him into it

Was it McGrath on at that stage?