European Cup Rugby

Angry Manchester United GIF by DAZN

2 Likes

Jess you aul dog

Iā€™m led to believe by some reputable people that Johnny Sextons behavior on Saturday left a lot to be desired.

So it seems.

In the history of the European cup there has been 11 cups won by 4 different french sides and 16 losing finalists across 6 other clubs

Challenge cup has french teams winning 12 finals across 10 teams and losing another 15 finals and 3 different losing teamsā€¦

Iā€™d say they have done more than any other nation in the comp overall :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

1 Like

I heard there were a lot of expletives used by the bould Johnny under the stand at HT and a bit of finger wagging at the official at FT.

Anything beyond that and wearing a God damn awful suit, which must have been like a red rag to a bull to ROG?

The big thing for Leinster is theyā€™ll carry the can for the next World Cup. You are probably looking at two or three season ending/career ending injuries.

Sexton is gone too and Lowe and Gibson park are into their 30s.

The likes of furlong, ringrose and henshaw have a lot of it done too.

My source said it was the worst language he had ever heard at a rugby match. Liberal use of the c*** word.

Thatā€™s awful to hear

Bit dumb to be abusing a ref whoā€™ll likely be reffing him at the world cup.

1 Like

Rugby has an awful problem with abuse of referees.

I think itā€™s fairly notable that La Rochelle - who were quick to come out after the came and throw around allegations of disrespect have kept fairly schtum on the half-time ā€œincidentā€

Iā€™d say the story in the paper yesterday about how Leinster were determined not to let ROG get to the ref at half time again and had sent Sean Oā€™Brien to intercept him if he tried and then when he did it kicked off a bit has a feeling of truth about it

Thereā€™s no doubt that if Sexton and Oā€™Gara were both there - thereā€™s enough bolshiness between the pair of them to kick anything off :joy: Youā€™d pity the poor ref caught between the pair of them.

I canā€™t remember stories of coaches looking to talk to the refs at half-time before. I would have thought that itā€™s not allowed?

1 Like

amazed he didnt end up concussed again after the schemozzle in the tunnel

cork?

1 Like

Iā€™d say heā€™s abused most of the refs on the international circuit plenty of times already - Iā€™d say its well priced in already.

1 Like

I think the La Rochelle president just called Sean o Brien fat

8 Likes

I never forgave Johnny for skipping the queue over me in the barbers in Ranelagh way back in November 2018 (to be fair it was probably the Barbers fault but Johnny should have insisted he waited his turn).

Anyway heā€™s a winner if nothing else, so I would say having to stand there in his suit must have had him as edgy as fuck and the sight of ROG going for the refereeā€™s room would have driven him demented.

1 Like

It sounds like Rog chatted with Wayne barnes last year at half time and sexton and o Brien were waiting for him this year and blocked him off.

2 Likes

Desperate altogether

ROG was lucky to escape a hosing.

2 Likes