European Cup Rugby

Some craic if SOB and Sexton bate him in the tunnel at HT :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Embarrassing for the two big Leinster boys to let a little pup from Cork get away without being decked.

My source says Gerry Thornleys account was accurate.

A lot of Sextons remarks were of the why donā€™t you let Oā€™Gara ref it altogether variety.

The Rugby lads could probably do with hiring a Big Rob Ryan type match day steward to prevent this sort of hi-jinks from occurring.

O gara has genuinely melted the Leinster lads heads. James Tracey was close to tears on Newstalk earlier.

1 Like

There was nobody saving them in that second halfšŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

The bigger and more skilled team won, there was no hard luck I donā€™t think. La Rochelle are possibly the greatest club side of all time, they shouldve won by more.

Sean O Brien needs to be thrown out of rugby for good

1 Like

Canā€™t see what the fuck value he adds in a coaching ticket. By all accounts, a fucking ham and a boar too boot

1 Like

Marking opposition coaches?

Tbh Iā€™m not sure what Leo adds either

The French only go at it full bore when the weather is good and itā€™s big knockout games. A book by an oul NZ warhorse who played there explains it (good read, can remember neither the name of the book nor the player, but itā€™s the rubby version of a dog in a hat).

Itā€™s not like the old Galway route to an all Ireland final that you can stay at home until the semi final :grinning:

If say this is the bookā€¦a good read

1 Like

I think Sexton said he was the best player he ever played with. VDF, Dorris, Ryan, Furlong, world class players, would get in any team but I donā€™t think any of them are as good as a prime Sean Oā€™Brien.

2 Likes

The fucking cunt

1 Like

Iā€™d have a suspicion Sean o Brien is a big step down on Denis Leamy.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one. Anyone who knows anything about rubby knows the French sides barely try a leg in the European competitions in the winter.

This thread is an eye opener and really lays bare the advantages Ireland has over the other rugby nations.

Unreal player. He was fucking immense around world cup 2011. Absolute wanker and meathead off the pitch by all accounts.

Good player doesnā€™t necessarily translate into a good coach

2 Likes

Was it Paul Howard who was threatened with a solicitorā€™s letter from Sexton Sr because he incorrectly awarded a try to somebody that wasnā€™t Sexton in some match report for the Schools Cup?