European Cup Rugby

Yeah for sure, just that theyā€™re not some 1967 Glasgow Celtic operation

1 Like

This will get a bite for sure

Break here might help LAR

That Osborne lad is very good

2 Likes

Heā€™s a huge addition. That exit kick was perfect. Having him and Lowe to boot it covers for a lot of the shortcomings of Rosser Byrne.

1 Like

Next 12 after Aki surely

Stupid from LAR

Dickson is shocking

Leinster are once again the real deal

Surely even Leinster couldnā€™t fail to win the competition out from here.

La Rochelle are bolloxed

I donā€™t think Toulouse are what they were a few years back and Northamption/Quins would do well to keep up with them for 55 minutes.

On another level itā€™s probably worse for any attempts of distributing the Leinster senior conveyor belt when lads like Connors donā€™t really need to be capped to still smell silverware. Thereā€™s no hope of sending lads like Penny etc to Ulster/Connacht to strengthen their international chances when they could hang around for a half chance of being in the Leinster 23 on a big occasion. Thatā€™s not Leinsterā€™s problem by any means either.

1 Like

Quins are great fun in fairness to them

Plenty of lads have left Leinster who were getting decent exposure.

3 of the 23 in the 2018 final went to other provinces within 12 months.

Juggernauts like Lenister with 85% of international teams are bad for rugby gentlemen.

1 Like

Great for Ross there-an example to all

Yeah Leinster donā€™t want to see players go and for the most part the players want to stay. I think it says a lot about many of those players that theyā€™d prefer stay comfortable as third or fourth choice at Leinster.

1 Like

Glas is the most astute rugby observer on this board

1 Like

If I went through the Leinster rubby schools system and was currently on the seniors as a fringe player, looked at the other 3 provinces where Iā€™d likely start, Iā€™d probably stay put too. Itā€™d be a different story if the other 3 were consistently winning big knockout games.

End of the day you canā€™t fault Leinster for making the most of their population and feeder system. Thereā€™s just not the interest in the other 3 for that level of investment at schools level.

Fixed that for you.