European Cup Rugby

You could say that but thereā€™s nothing to stop the likes of the 1014 investors in pumping more money into development (canā€™t say I know much about them bar bankrolling De Allende and Snyman). Ulster have similar lads bankrolling big signings. Connacht arenā€™t really in that position and are better off without cunts like the Comer brothers getting involved anyways.

Next game is on the May weekend. Was going to come back Shannonside for the weekend but will be some craic in the D4tressā€¦even if it is CrokeršŸ¤£

No, the Leinster private school system churning out players canā€™t be replicated elsewhere. Itā€™s just delusional to think otherwise.

Might aswell give up so then. Thereā€™s nothing to say we canā€™t improve the pathway for the other 3 provinces even without the big private school cash. At least in Connacht here we have nothing of note unless lads want to play a bit of AIL for Bucs, Wegians, Corinthians, Cunnies. They get zero proper investment but have brought through some serious talent outside of any secondary school system.

What I was saying is you canā€™t replicate the Leinster private schools. Developing a different pathway should absolutely be doable, itā€™s been the major criticism of nucifora that he put no effort into it.

cc @gilgamboa

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s true. Although I donā€™t think theyā€™d have the finances that Toulon had or the tradition of a Toulouse.

Correct. he has a friend who gives him a lot of info

1 Like

Depth chart

1 Like

That was an enjoyable cathartic win. As I hoped - Leinster had been easing through games but had a couple of extra gears.

Possibly Ross Byrneā€™s best game. Seriously commanding and very physical. Took some serious hits too.

The likes of Frawley, Osborne, Larmour had excellent performances but this game was won upfront where the pack physically dominated the likes of Skelton, Aldritt etc.

This LaR team could decline quite quickly and thereā€™s a good chance theyā€™ll be a one-off great team, like a Toulon, and not a European giant like Toulouse or Leinster whoā€™ll always be there or thereabouts with a pipeline of talent on tap. ROG will prob need to do major surgery to it which will be a whole new challenge. One to watch

3 Likes

Great win for a super team. If it was a league theyā€™d win it. Possibly susceptible to a bit of genius though.

Thatā€™s the glory of cup rugby!

Having finally got the LaR monkey off our backs we might fall to Toulouse, who weā€™ve handily beaten the last few years :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t fault today-I thought It was a stick up-but I suppose the true international class told.

More broadly-that Irish pack is one of the great packs. The holding up aside- any top other back div wins that world cup.

I donā€™t really get where that was disputed?

The Leinster system doesnā€™t actually capture all of the schools though. Still a lot of scope to get more talent from it. Thereā€™s still far too much cyclicality with schools which comes down to teacher coaches & the quality there.

Thereā€™s nothing really stopping PBC or CBC Cork being the exact same as a St Michaels.

1 Like

Cork arenā€™t a gillion miles away.

Would Munster not break the bank for Oā€™Gara?

Yeah both produce a lot tbf.

The likes of Tom Daly are a prime example of this. Fringe player until the age of about 26 when he moved to Connacht. Whatā€™s Rhys Ruddock up to at the moment? Heā€™d be very useful for a Connacht or Ulster even as a veteran. On another note it was ridiculous that he could be eligible to play for Wales after winning numerous caps with Ireland.

1 Like

Something odd happened with him this year, he has barely featured this year. I think the Wales thing really annoyed people and he sounded pissed at his dad as well.

1 Like