European Cup Rugby

Nice nod from Leinster to respect the Spursy traditions.

Thanks bud :disappointed:

2 Likes

I was sitting beside a shusher. She took her job very seriously and shushed every time there was a kick at goal. Occasionally she shouted please respect the kicker.

18 Likes

You were at White Hart Lane? I’d say the Seven Sisters Road has never seen such a well heeled crowd.

1 Like

You wouldn’t see the likes of Tottenham High Road in the third world.

8 Likes

You’re alright bud.

You know how the internet works…

1 Like

I’d imagine the Leinster supporters were delighted with the stadium’s dedicated cheese room.

It pretty much is the third world.

Earthy

Behind one of the goals at a height is the only way to view a rugby match in person. A few English lads behind us were supporting Leinster with gusto and referring to all the players by their first names. Like a reverse rugby Footix. Toulouse didn’t really have a huge amount of territory after the first-half but were full value for their win all the same. A rude awakening for Leinster. They looked ordinary enough. The Cian Healy turnover and Hugo Keenan decision to keep the ball in play from the ET kick-off proving costly. The new White Hart Lane is a fine stadium but the constant urge for punters to acquire pints mid-game is frustrating.

7 Likes

Did you get to see the FA Cup Final whilst in White Hart Lane? I was thinking of your dilemma when I heard Man United had prised a 2-0 lead at Wembley. A great day for a Man United fan from Munster.

1 Like

We found Gerry Thornleys log in!!:grinning:

5 Likes

I didn’t travel.

1 Like

8gmn1nw5jm2d1

1 Like

You sure you weren’t in a Ross O Carroll Kelly sketch?

1 Like

Leadership is the one element that really needs addressing and what cost leinster.

Doris as captain continually picking the corner over points when your attacking platform wasnt clicking and his brain dead penalty when back in contention. And then Leo’s selection and in game decisions.

To my eye, that’s where the internal questions should focus. Plenty good enough to win it and with the squad at their disposal for the last number of years, should have more in the cabinet

2 Likes

Whenever i hear Paul Howard interviewed he marvels at how proudly and spectacularly the Lunster rogby guys live up to their stereotype. Fagan’s story wouldn’t surprise him in the least.

Howard deserves credit for mercilessly lampooning these types for 25 years. They’re not all cunts but a lot of them are.

13 Likes

The dejection in Hugh Cahills voice is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Bundling it up nicely then and selling it back to them, to the extent that it’s his sole income now. If you were to try make it up that someone could do that, you couldn’t.

2 Likes

They don’t see ROCK as a parody. They see him as a hero

3 Likes