European Cup Rugby

I saw a few Munster jerseys knocking around yesterday.

There really are some serious oddballs who follow the Rubby.

10 Likes

The parallels between Ireland beating the boks and then losing to New Zealand to Leinster beating La Rochelle and then losing to Toulouse are huge.

You could see La Rochelle were absolutely finished coming to Dublin and Leinster were always going to put them out of their misery.

Instead of acknowledging this in the aftermath they tried to rewrite history v o Gara.

Itā€™s absolutely bizarre.

Also Ross Byrne is useless. Itā€™s sort of an issue for Leinster because they hammer most teams and I could play at ten for a lot of them so it gets covered over but heā€™s so bad.

1 Like

In fairness there were plenty of other jerseys on view worn by lads who had bought tickets before the final line up was known. Lots of fellas in Northampton jerseys for example.

2 Likes

Youā€™d often see a bit o county gear at an All Ireland from counties not involved.

1 Like

Doris failing to show up yet again in a big game.

James Lowe is another fella who nearly always plays rubbish in big games.

1 Like

I thought Munster might have been in the Minor or something.

4 Likes

Are they still in the B competition or whatever it is.No bother getting a ticket these days for Thomond.

Would be common in rugby in fairness.

Thornley was on OTB saying this before the game yesterday.That and how Leinster were going to ā€œfront upā€ whatever that means.

Thereā€™s a few private schoolers in the work whatsapp still hurting judging by the lack of response to various shite memes fron my esteemed Munster Rubby colleagues.

This is the one they had to win and Frawley bottled a shot at glory that even Cillian Oā€™Connor would get a chuckle out of.

2 Likes

How did Sexton go?

Gerry Thornleys post match reportage was a tough read

He was absolutely anonymous out there

I was walking past a pub deep in the heart of Leinster when I heard an almighty roar . I presumed Leinster had gone over in extra time but alas it was the full time whistle in the United game .

Might go to the 2026 final in the San Mames in Bilbao.

3 Likes

He is definitely a weak linkā€¦but he kicked all his kicks yday and nearly created two tries from cross kicksā€¦I donā€™t know why they werenā€™t kicking their points from the word go

2 Likes

How twee

I think byrne being made a scapegoat. As you say, did his job and shaded head to head with his opposite. Not a world beater but did his job yday.

Youd wonder how they let Byrne out there on one leg for so long with Frawley in the wings? Dubious from sideline

1 Like

Frawley not really a recognized goalkicker I suppose but it was crazy alrightā€¦