European Cup Rugby

By 100x

Tadgh beirne

1 Like

He wasnā€™t too bad but that knock on was criminal. Thatā€™s always been in his game as well.

They could have done with o Brien. Osborne got blown out of it when Dan Sheehan made that break.

He doesnā€™t strike me as a natural captain type. He wasnā€™t overly keen on it for Munster was he? Probably will have to be him.

Surely they look at Coombes during the summer tour.

Watch the replay of itā€¦Osborne and DuPont start side by sideā€¦DuPont has to slow down when he gets to the breakdown and gets around and back in through gate and wins race to the ballā€¦pure and utter desire won the turnoverā€¦Osborne was in pole position

Yep heā€™s like a kid.

Your man michael alaalatoa has some head on him. Almost like heā€™s never played a game of rugby in his life and heā€™s desperately hoping nobody notices.

I havenā€™t seen much of Osborne but he looked a bit ponderous yesterday. A bit one-paced

He had a poor game yesterday but wouldnā€™t be too harsh. He was up against a brilliant defence. He will be a v good player in time

I overheard a great interaction in The Beehive pub in Tottenham while queuing for pints pre-kick off on Saturday. A group of South Dubliners comparing NFL to rugby. They reckoned that an NFL kicker may only feature for a matter of seconds but would require a different kind of explosiveness to their rugby counterparts. The consensus was that much greater physical endurance is required in rugby though. It was like something straight out of a Ross Oā€™ Carroll Kelly book.

DUB was full of middle aged men still wearing their Leinster gear from yesterday.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ is that place still going,I remember going there before weā€™d go to the odd premier league game back in the late 90s when I lived in turnpike lane.

He was a large reason for the toulouse try. He shot in and turned his shoulders in when he should have held his line and shaped his shoulders out to use line as extra defender. He actually turned full 360

For the trysaver he made, he cost them that one.

6 of em in front me, 3 of em wearing Toulouse jersies. Utter fucking weirdos

https://twitter.com/rtesport/status/1794408051203547230?s=46

Heaslip at 15 seconds here :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

1 Like

Heā€™s in a very dark place there, the poor auld craytur. After Pearse Stadium yesterday, I know his pain.

A good few Munster fans have a serious chip on their shoulder about Leinster and the success theyā€™ve enjoyed since Munster went to shit after the 2009 semi final.

Leinster are the standard bearers from the URC and the only URC team to make a Euro final since Ulster in 2012. Munster havenā€™t made a final in 16 seasons, it wonā€™t be long until they have lads playing for them who werenā€™t born when they last won.

Iā€™m sure their fans will still turn up at finals and support whoever is playing against Leinster and have a good laugh if Leinster lose.

1 Like

Du Pont is unreal. Saw at close viewing last year in the Aviva holding up Mack from a certain tryā€¦

Heā€™s a beast

1 Like

1 Like

For sure!

1 Like

I think Andy is a v level headed fella to be fair to himā€¦

1 Like