European Cup Rugby

Leopold is a horrific head-coach considering the wealth of talent at his disposal. I couldā€™ve probably head-coached Leinster to at least one European Cup with @neilld playing the crucial Stuey Lancaster role.

8 Likes

All known evidence suggests Leinster would have bottled it as usual.

I donā€™t think assuming we would beat Munster again is arrogance, we had already beaten them twice in league already. I actually think picking the weak team was the arrogant bit.

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Came across 3 outside the ground in Toulouse jerseys with thick Cork accents. Met another (Leinster) friend after the game and he said there was proper agro beside him where another group of Munster fans wearing Toulouse jersies started ruffling the hair of some old Leinster supporter in front of them when Toulouse scored their try and didnā€™t like when they got a fairly robust response.

Itā€™s just weird to my mind. Oddballs. Is it a common behaviour within Munster. Will Clare lads be pulling on KK jersies at All Ireland final day just to wind Limerick lads up?

To be clear, loads of fans there in their home-club jersies incl loads of Munster fans and Iā€™ve no issue with that - great to see.

1 Like

Just a rugby thing unfortunately. A lot of oddballs and weirdos that donā€™t really understand sport are into it for some reason.

1 Like

Leinster trying to sign pollard by allowing Prendergast leave for Connacht

1 Like

Not sure why thatā€™s so funny, Leinster had beaten Munster 17 times in the previous 20 games. Leinster have also won the two games since.

Itā€™s not even a rivalry anymore or a big deal when we beat Munster.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny because the delusion is so real. Leinster consistently funk it when in when they come up against a tuned in half decent opposition in a knockout game. Thereā€™s nothing to suggest Leinster would have beaten Munster. If theyā€™d put out their first choice team in all likelihood theyā€™d have had one eye on the final and been spanked.

Apart from Leinster winning about 17 of the last 20 meetings between the two sides.

5 Likes

That sounds a savage idea to me but statistically at least, he hasnā€™t been great over in the Prem this season for Leicester. He is the most clutch player around though.

Would make more sense just send Pollard to connacht

1 Like

Sure we can stop playing matches altogether so if itā€™s just a matter of look at recent track records!

Leinster had walloped Toulouse a few times before Saturday as well

Iā€™d love to see Pollard kicking in those Western conditions, but equally Iā€™d love to see him telling Doris to ā€˜stfu and give me the ballā€™.

He is also a fucking ride which the commercial department should do well on.

Bring him in.

1 Like

Munster were a different animal when those two South Africans made an effort/stopping burning themselves cooking with diesel in fairness

2 Likes

I suppose it makes no sense bringing Barrett so Pollard can not pass to him.

1 Like

Michael alatatoa being replaced by a niq player. Jenkins being replaced by a niq player who Munster couldnā€™t retain because theyā€™d two niq players in the one position.

You couldnā€™t make it up.

Munster not allowed sign a niq prop for some reason too I canā€™t figure out.

Who is alalatoa being replaced by?

Not sure but jackman mentioned it today. They were after some Aussie player werenā€™t they but thatā€™s gone quiet know.

They should get a trophy for that.