Eurovision 2024 - Malmo Money Malmo Problems

Final scheduled for May 11th.

The battle to be Ireland’s representative on the January 26th edition of the Late Late Show promises to be very competitive. In my view it’s the most exciting set of songs we’ve produced for a long time and given that nobody listens to the radio any more and the popular music scene as we knew it has completely collapsed, there finally appears to be an acceptance among both RTE and Irish artists that this is now the pinnacle of quality popular music and along with Glastonbury and annoying ads before YouTube videos is one of only three possible avenues to get your music heard by other people.

I’d be happy enough with any of these four as our representative but I think Ailsha and Bambie Thug have come up with the two most uncompromising entries and it should ultimately be a battle between them.

Ailsha - Go Tobann

JyellowL - Judas

Isabella Kearney - Let Me Be The Fire

Bambie Thug - Doomsday Blue

Here we go

Great stuff there by Bambie Thug

Louise Duffy looks effing amazing

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Who is this freak show?

Linda Martin is on?

1 Like

They’re from Cork. Nuff said

The Gaeilgoir world’s answer to Charly by the Prodigy.

I think Bambie Thug could edge Ailsha out of it based on the studio performances.

The Bambie wan is horrific yet is the pick of the performances so far

This is the one.

They’re awful

I fancied Bambie Thug to get through prior to tonight but I found her live performance enormously unsettling and sinister. It was a grating watch for me despite the lap dogs in the studio mopping it up. I think it won’t play well to most people at home, very niche audience for that act. However I bet the judges (particularly international panel) will be high on it. If Erica Cody has a serviceable up tempo number I reckon she romps the public vote. Not sure the voting weighting here though. This boy band could finish last.

It did the job so

It’s extremely distinctive I knew that heading into tonight. It would actually likely do best of our acts over there as what does well now is originality. We’ll see now what Erica Cody does.

Meh. Very camp effort this from Erica Cody although she looks the part herself. It’s extremely boring. Bambie Thug is all anyone will remember from tonight and I’m calling that the winner now after seeing all the acts.

Bambie Thug has it in the bag.

Really weak effort from Erica Cody. Bambie is the best of a bad bunch

While not my cup of tea I can see that they would lap Bambie up at the main Eurovision and she/they or whatever she is would likely get Ireland their best finish in a decade. Something off the wall could be brought to the table in terms of a stage show on the big Eurovision stage that sticks long in the memory and that’s what it’s all about now getting into the memory bank.

2 Likes

These utter cunts now Kalush orchestra.