Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Andy Lee would probably be the most famous Irish boxer outside of Ireland. He went and trained under the legendary Manny Steward in the Kronk. All fight fans, passing and enthusiastic would know who Andy is

1 Like

Are you comparing Andy Lee to Golovkin? Itā€™s like comparing Billy Joe Saunders to Danny Ings. Ings would be much more well known

Are you comparing Shane Long to Yarmolenko?

Lee is a world champion boxer, Ireland hasnā€™t produced too many of those in recent years.

Yes, and boxing isnā€™t as popular as soccer. Shane Long has roughly double the amount of followers on Twitter as Andy Lee

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Are there not any decent Ukrainian boxers you could pick for that comparison :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Shane Long is a journeyman footballer, Andy Lee is a former world champion boxer. Nobody knows who Shane Long is outside of Ireland and the UK.

Andy Lee would be known across the boxing world.

2 Likes

The boxing world is tiny. Anyone with a passing interest in the EPL would know who Shane Long is, thatā€™s a lot of people

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true.

Shane Long is a tiny fish, outside of the UK and Ireland, nobody would have a clue who he is. He has spent his career at the likes of Southampton, West Brom and Reading FFS.

2 Likes

Ah yes Shane Longā€¦ a God like beacon in the pantheon of superstardom :speak_no_evil:

Nobody said that

Youā€™re saying boxing is tiny.

Boxing is probably the biggest sport in the world. Nothing can demand the attention a superfight does.

Look at the highest paid sportspeople of all time, look at some of the biggest names in sport - boxers.

Hate to break it to you my friend but Shane Long is a donkey.

What next?

David Healy being better known than Carl Frampton?

Oooooffffttt ATMS

I canā€™t think of a currenlty active Irish footballer who would be better known than Andy Lee globally.

Aiden McGeady is probably the only name that stands out in that regard.

1 Like

Eamon Zayed.

Iā€™d imagine neither are well known anywhere in the world outside of Ireland, Iā€™m sure both could quite easily walk the main streets of most British cities and not be recognised by anybody

But youā€™d have to think the lad who was outstanding in his field is better known than a lad for whom the term journeyman seems generous

I know heā€™s a donkey, thatā€™s not what is being discussed

:laughing: