Evenings

You can almost sense that ā€œSeptember hazeā€ there this evening cc @Cheasty

1 Like

Grand stretch in the evening in Dublin. Another day or two for the mid westerners I think.

1 Like

There really is a thread for everything here

1 Like

Some stretch there today. Youā€™d really see it.

Although in my opinion the evenings didnā€™t get as dark this winter as other years. Always seemed bright up to 5pm even last week.

3 Likes

The split season has a lot to answer for

2 Likes

What would be the optium December sunset time?

3.52pm would be the optimum winter sunset time. My understanding was traditionally we got this from December 16th to 23rd every year but this year 4.05pm seems to be the earliest the sun has set.

Iā€™m not sure why that is.

There were some great sunsets back between 2004-2010 and i do recall December 22nd 2013 was an absolute classic but believe it or not Iā€™m a real sucker for a January sunset. Thereā€™s a lovely haze as the evenings start to lengthen. January 19th 2020 being the greatest sunset of all time in my opinion.

Weā€™ve been very poorly served this winter. I dont recall any particularly memorable sunsets.

5 Likes

You romantic you

1 Like

I love the grey light of early November. Itā€™s a completely different light to any other time of year. A sort of haze as seasons mix.

3 Likes

Wtf?!

7 Likes

Who was she?

2 Likes

That coincided with a near record high pressure over Ireland (1049 versus record of 1051)

2 Likes

The day of the famous Salah topless celebration after the 2-0 win over Man United. Ballyhale and Kilcoo won the club All-Irelands the same day.

1 Like

Corofin actually beat Kilcoo in that Football final. A serious game of ball. 0-07 each it finished in normal time.

Corofin brought on a few young subs to win it in Extra Time.

It will be a long long time before we see a skyline like it again.

4 Likes

Oh sorry yeah. Typed that hurriedly. The conclusion of Corofinā€™s 3 in a row. There was a fine brawl in the tunnel that day. Kilcoo finally reached the promised land under Mickey in 22ā€™.

1 Like

Corofin showed that they could be just as cynical as the rest that day. And then they played football in ET.

Kilcoo always brought great razzmatazz to Croke Park. Iā€™d expect Glen to bring a different type of moxie in a few weeks.

1 Like

A sucker of a skyline there again this evening.

There really is something very special about January 19th.

2 Likes

Got in a 6km walk in the best of it. Still daylight after 5.

21 Likes

Itā€™s Dolly Partonā€™s birthday as well ā€¦

2 Likes

Good man @Cheasty :+1::+1:

1 Like