Fagan talks about Jam

The branches are creaking in the orchard.

4 Likes

Grand basket.

1 Like

Twill need to be emptied to make way for wood shortly. :fire:

I got 4 pots of jam and a bit of crumble out of the blackberries, not much for a couple of hours collecting with the kids but sure what harm

4 Likes

The day after Michaelmas and all. That jam is damned I tell you :skull_and_crossbones:

Two pots of raspberry and a pot and a half of blackcurrant made there. First of the year.

3 Likes

Two pots raspberry two pots redcurrant tonight.

1 Like

5 kilos of apples picked off the neighbors tree tonight. I’ve a little arrangement with them. I pick the apples off their tree and give them a few pots of apple jelly to get through the winter. In fairness I could have picked three or four times that but I got tired. It’s been some year for fruit. There’s lovely fruit on my own smaller apple tree but they are for eating.

3 Likes

5 Likes

The father in law grew tomatoes this year a load of them never ripened so he was going to throw them out. Do not says I, I’ll take them away and make a chutney.

The upshot;

The house stinks of vinegar
The kitchen is wrecked
I now possess an amount of chutney in excess of the entire amount of chutney I’ve ever eaten in my life.
I spent €12 on the additional ingredients required to make said chutney
I am turning into my grandfather
I am delighted with myself

19 Likes

Once you start making wine out of Furze bushes you’ll know you’re in trouble

3 Likes

I’ll have to head for the market tomorrow. “Artisan” chutney is surely worth a €5 a jar

2 Likes

You couldn’t be messing around with coins and change.

The first picture looks less disgusting than the last one.

1 Like

Just give it a like and fuck off out of it

1 Like

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

You’d swear you were the first lad to make green tomato chutney on the forum.

We have a load of hairy footed hobbits on the forum that go out picking weeds and roots to eat. Fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

Pure Westfarthing.

@Fagan_ODowd used to pay top dollar for the likes of that before he got a bit of sense