Faldo's DIY General thread

Great shout. Should be foolproof.

Did someone try to unlock it while the keys were in the other side?

Presume you’ve tried a bit of good old WD40

1 Like

I took it apart there and gave it a spray of compressed air to clean it out.

Working ok again :ok_hand:

3 Likes

We are installing a new kitchen next week hopefully and I’m in the process of ripping out the old one. The floor tiles are fine but the problem is that they don’t go under the cabinets so it looks as if the new cabinets will be installed on an uneven floor.

Does anyone know the the best way of dealing with this?

I’m gobsmacked at the DIY skills lads on here have. I can barely hang a fucking picture.

1 Like

I’m not great but once I work something out I’m grand.

1 Like

You haven’t explained your issue very well.

Pay someone else who knows what they’re doing.

I don’t mean to come across as being smart, shell out, otherwise, it’ll annoy you every time you look at it.

1 Like

If your cabinets are the same size as the old ones you’ll have no bother but if not your floor will look shit.Have they been measured/made already?

2 Likes

Surly the kitchen fitter has spotted this and gas factored this in. Standard enough stuff like

2 Likes

Kitchen fitters are pretty much dropping in the kitchen and fuck all else. Although I’ve raised the issue with them to see what they say.

That’s the issue. Same size/depth cabinets will be OK, narrower will pose a problem. He can possibly disguise this gap by clever re-adjusting the kickboard.
If not replacing all the ground floor cabinets with like for like then he’ll need to hire a Kango, rip up the existing tiles and retile the entire floor. The new floor cabinets will look just ace then.

Did you buy it off the rack or have it made?

Had it made.

Should be sound do, they will have this factored in

I’m assuming the units will be dropped in with adjustable legs or something, which will in turn be concealed by the kickboards? I can’t see the floor being much of an issue?
The kitchen fitter will be able to deal with it either way.

1 Like

Hopefully.

According to my reading it appears that Farmer is the kitchen fitter. Be sound.

Jaysus. I don’t care how handy you might think you are, do not fit that kitchen.