Faldo's DIY General thread

Same

we gutted the house over 10 years ago so unless the wife gets her wish and we go up into the attic, i cant see any major works being doe in the interim.

not many people whove the houses done up recently, its an old (money) road!

Alarm installers are often best lads to do this neatly and hide wires

1 Like

Compare your road to a similar road that was done recently and you’ll see how they do it. You might even know somebody on that road.

1 Like

I said it here about 500 posts ago… I’d a similar issue and a fella pulled the cable through where my copper phone line was. Can never have a copper phone line again but that’s not much of a problem.

1 Like

Sure couldn’t you pull the copper phone wire through using the existing fibre optic cable?

The pipe didn’t allow enough space for both. This was by far the lesser of two evils to just take out the copper wire

I was joking. It was a poor joke in fairness.

1 Like

Having an issue with a BASTA lock. Key only turns the full way on one side of the door. On the other side it stops and deadbolt wont move.

Any ideas or will I just kick a hole in the door to lock it/unlock it from the other side :slight_smile:

@Thomas_Brady

5 Likes

Stick to cyber crime

Woah that’s a big accusation to make.

New bolt needed — take it off and put it back on yourself which is fairly easy - drop it into locksmith then, you’ll save over 100 quid.

1 Like

€100 for a lock? You must only have to break into expensive houses.

@Copper_pipe is it one of these sort of locks for an internal door?

If so, they only cost about €10 to €15 quid. Easy to replace. Take the one in the door now out and see does it work when you have it out of the door. If it doesnt, just get a new one, you could be pricking about with the broken one trying to sort springs or it could be that the lock mechanism is slightly bent.

1 Like

Post reported. @rocko ban this m…

If you call the bastards out they charge a fortune

1 Like

I would be thinking it’s a front door lock @Gman. If your not handy with these kind of things just buy the same lock, they are a piece of piss to re fit. No pairing or drilling needed

Similar to that yeah. I make it out to be a Basta 2.5 inch internal door lock

If it’s internal just swop it with one from another part of the house that doesn’t need to be locked.

3 Likes

Who are you locking in?