Faldo's DIY General thread

If he’s meeting Hoobs at the school gate, it’s the real deal.

1990s is the period.

Is period red a colour now?

3 Likes

Good finish boy👍

1 Like

Praise indeed :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hard to get praise here with these bolloxes ( me included)
Just aswell you didn’t make the picture any bigger as some fecker would have spotted something amiss :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Corkie, it was a shagging door, not a 10’ ceiling rose in the Mansion House. In C-19 jargon its a level 1 job. While I’m here would you favour oil based over water based for an exterior door?

1 Like

I’ll take this one @Corksfinedtboy

1 Like

I’d go with an eggshell finish @anon67715551.

You can see in the excellent example above there is a real immediacy to it.

1 Like

The door and finish are indeed the finest. A bit of research tells me its water based. Maybe its an age thing but while I’d find water based grand internally I’d prefer oil based for exterior jobs. Something tells me it has greater durability in wet weather.
Probably a figment of my imagination.

3 Likes

That’s water based on top and windows etc, Dulux weather shield for wood/ metal) requires no primer: 2 coats and quick dry

Water always. I refuse to use oil, destroys the brushes, takes too long to dry and odour is hard inside on pets and smallies

2 Likes

Like your handle​:clap::clap::ok_hand:qualified recession surviver

1 Like

Ah ffs @anon67715551. You’ve completely lost the run of yourself since you gave up the fags.

2 Likes

Valid points. Cheers for that.

1 Like

You had to go and ruin it, didn’t you? Not a foot wrong for the best part of a year.

Box it’s also quick and idiot proof,no huge preparation, small rub down medium sand paper , away you go , average front door and frame ( masked off) less than 3 hours

1 Like