Faldo's DIY General thread

I’ve the same front door, sorry that was for @TheUlteriorMotive

2 Likes

I’ve a front door too,I thought everyone had.

1 Like

There are no back doors on tfk

1 Like

And only 2 sides

Not sure there is anything less satisfying than spending the day doing this.

1 Like

For the love of jesus get yourself a 4 inch roller

2 Likes

He must have time to burn

1 Like

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that’s what it must be.

tom sawyer told him it’d be great craic. he gave sawyer his new phone so he’d let him paint

What’s with all the pallets?

2 Likes

no harm bud but that colour is woeful she will ate ya,give it at least another 2 coats and it’ll be grand, I’m only winding ref colour

Or a gramme of Semtex

5 minutes work, get drop sheets and a good 4 inch brush, good gloves and a disposable overall and get stuck in

I like the solar lights. Have a few strings of the same in my garden this summer and they make a good show at dusk and beyond

Lads, anyone know anything about gas boilers?

Turned the heating on the other day and there was only heat going to the upstairs radiators. I bled all the radiators and tried again. Same problem. I turned off the rads upstairs trying to force the flow downstairs and no joy

It’s hard get a plumber at the moment and I dont want to be without heat if we go into full lockdown with no way of getting anyone out

Try topping up the expansion vessel.

Schedule a service for the boiler with one of the utilities anyway.

1 Like

Turn them all off except 1 downstairs and work from there. Get the downstairs one motoring and turn 1 on upstairs. Should work, probably been idle a while.

2nd part done.

I dont know what an expansion vessel is or what to top it up with, on the off chance you aren’t taking the piss like

1 Like

Theres a switch where you can turn on heating 1, heating 2 and the water. 1 is down. 2 upstairs. If I leave it on only heating 1 the boiler doesn’t kick in even so nothing gets heated.

There should be a valve somewhere which you can use to top up the water in the system. Sounds like the problem is that there isn’t enough water circulating in the system, hence why some rads are cool.

It is more likely in the hot press than by the boiler