Faldo's DIY General thread

Why did you take off the skirting?I thought it was a new build

Rub them down, fill if necessary(think you might have to) and bang away
Whoever painted previous must have destroyed the tops of the s board with emulsion?

Builder put on the skirtings but no flooring except bathrooms.

Those tiles are rancid.

So is your wife’s snatch

7 Likes

Ya but we’ve nice tiles.

13 Likes

That’s the colours and shades

Is this the same tile in a different colour @Big_Dan_Campbell, my bathroom floor

The kiss of death from @backinatracksuit here. @Big_Dan_Campbell must be seething.

1 Like

Lovely tiles

cc @Big_Dan_Campbell & @backinatracksuit

How is that weird?

A noble bathroom floor

I’ve got to remove a concrete floor in a room in our house. The floor has subsided and there are gun barrel heating pipes underneath that I want to replace. My brother in law has given me the loan a kango hammer. What’s the best way to approach this?

If you have to ask you’re fucked

2 Likes

Keep the door closed.

3 Likes

Shove the kango up your hole

1 Like

Fuck u

Forget the kango, too much risk you will break a pipe. You will need to go the pick axe route.

If the whole floor is coming out work in quarters or thereabouts. Have the mist attachment on the hose and give it a spray every so often to keep the dust down. Work back towards the door so you can barrow it out. Don’t go too deep… be mindful of a radon barrier or dpc… if you had a consaw you could set the depth and cut a few lines to make it really easy. A good crow bar will do a good turn for you. Bend your knees and keep the oul back straight.

6 Likes

Pretty much what fat hops said but I’d wait to do this the day before the plummer is coming to replace the pipes. Turn the water off and tear into it. Take up the lot together, pipes and all.
On a side not, I was bored the other evening and made a bench

21 Likes