Faldo's DIY General thread

Optics, it’s all about the optics these days.

You don’t need rear parking sensors when you’ve a hitch

3 Likes

:rofl:

Anyone with a jeep without a hitch should have it taken off them because they didn’t need a jeep in the first place. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy there’s one for Éamonn Ryan

3 Likes

@TheUlteriorMotive you’d want to cap the dinner at no more than a snack box or he’ll run riot

2 Likes

Correct

He”ll probably get the carvery under a plastic cover for drive home

A schnack box and a 5oz burger.Tae and an Apple turnover for dessert.

Ating slabs of beef with his hands as he drives down the motorway

3 Likes

Snack box without stuffing is a waste of time

375 and I’ll bring my own sangwidges

1 Like

Nordie Reg doing building. Do you want him arrested?

1 Like

Essential travel…can’t have @Massey installing a health hazard now, can we?

Another Nordie cunt undercutting me,it’s like the year 2000 in Sligo being undercut by Red Treacys for every job I priced

The last Nordie lads in my house were putting in a gas boiler. Next morning the wife says do you smell gas. No says I.

I called the emergency hotline.

I don’t think it’s an emergency

Do you smell gas?

The wife thinks she does

It’s an emergency alright so. I’ll have somebody there in 20 minutes.

15 minutes later a lad arrives and comes in

Small gas leak. Get them back he says. Turns the gas off and off he goes.

1 Like

:ok_hand::+1:

We were living in a ground floor apartment of one the big houses on leeson street once upon a time. The landlord upstairs was an auld one, got a job done on her boiler anyway.
Missus was at home the same day before me, text me to say there was a bit of a gas smell. Anyway came home from work and opened the front door and the smell of gas would KO you.
Out out I said to the missus and touch nothing.
Called bord gais and your man came out and turned off the gas and like that said I’m not going near it.
Luckily the auld one upstairs was gone out for dinner. But we nearly kicked down the door thinking she was dead inside.
The fella who’d been doing the job came along after a while and said we were making a big deal about nothing. Your man from bord gais was still there and said we were lucky to be alive, told your man he was a disgrace and asked to see his certification. That fairly quenched the cunt.

2 Likes

Our lad was same. I rang him on the Saturday morning. Bord Gais lad won’t fix it (rightly so) just turns it off.

Yer man said no big deal and he was at a football game but would drive down after and fix it.

I’m undercutting myself just to undercut you.
How do you like that?

1 Like

Was doing a job for a lad a year and a half ago. A big extension where we had to jack the back of the house. The father in law was a pure dose. Calling every day and why are ye doing it that way and not this etc etc. He wanded a garage built and re roof the house when we were finished and asked for a price.
We didn’t want the job so over priced it a good bit… We were sickened… Got the gob… On the plus side it was a nice summer in salthill

5 Likes