Faldo's DIY General thread

All the old style ones!

Would be on the path in or around the kitchen sink area

1 Like

Like his style

Trap cover (manhole) between kitchen sink drain and septic tank. Often a breather pipe alongside.

I’m four and a half years here a grease trap is news to me :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’d say if the house is more than 10 years old it probably doesn’t have one. Most likely outside the utility in the footpath. Round rather than the square lid that the AJs have.

3 Likes

@Gman my young lad asked me there how many concrete blocks were needed to build my house… My missus guessed 300,000 :joy::joy::joy:

I reckon about 4000 maybe… Its a dormer 2500 sq ft

2 Likes

It’s a trap @Gman

It’s not… Anywhere ball park guess will do

Are you going to say “ carryharry & gman said so “ na nah na nah…

Edit: 8,000 to 12,000 depending on the shape.

2 Likes

No, I just want to give my son an informed answer

Yeah Ambrose is thereabouts (a lot closer than the first attempt!)

You could add on about 2,000 if you go with a precast first floor and block walls at that level, so average about 10k standard build and average 12k with concrete slab and blocks in first floor.

2 Likes

Get the area of the walls (length x height), multiply by 10 for one leaf block on edge, double it for a cavity wall.

1 Like

I would say in or around 7 to 8000 blocks

1 Like

I’ll get around to finishing it yet… Might turn it into a bar altogether the way things are going🙈

24 Likes

That’s a smashing piece of work. I’d love to be able to do something like that, but my woodwork teacher was a bollix who was too busy firing the duster at me and I gave it up after first year. I’m absolutely useless at any of that stuff.

At €1.40 plus vat to build @gilgamboa.

And your footings!

2 Likes

Be a great yoke to hang clothes from