Followed by Matt ceiling paint

That would work but would take hours to achieve and not really necessary
You’d get away with other remedies aswell
But why bother
Stain block in the tin I use always
Cheap n cheerful
Fast

Zinsser bin is the job…
Used the one coat primer as a base for kitchen cabinets and it was perfect.

2 Likes

I painted one house with a water bed and a mirrored ceiling ( yonks ago)
But by feck you’d need to see what you’d find when moving wardrobes
Mostly years ago though :blush:

1 Like

Agreed Chops it’s savage

1 Like

Waterbeds are as 1990s as oasis

1 Like

Remember jumping on one 40 plus years ago
Awful
Disgusting smelly bouncy yokes,
Tbh I can’t even look at a swing in motion
I get sick

Thank you sir

1 Like

Linens from an old 60w circular can’t be that high?

Welcome

1 Like

Linens?

Lumens

I bought a house earlier in the year and looking to tackle some of the insulation in the attic myself.

There’s about 100mm of fiberglass wool insulation. I think the standard is 300mm now.
My plan is to take up the old stuff, clean the attic and put down 200mm new stuff and top up to 300 with the old stuff.

There is also some foam insulation boards over 2 rooms, so was planning to keep that and fire some 200mm rockwool over it.

How does this sound.

What’s the difference between rockwool and the cheaper fiberglass stuff. Is there a noticeable difference in insulation quality?
Its about 70m squared area so if going with rockwool the cost adds up,so trying to figure out if it’s worth the extra money.

1 Like

Rockwool isn’t worth the price difference imo

Thanks,
I was thinking along those lines.

What’s the point taking up the old dusty 100mm stuff? You’ll be just rising dust fibres. Leave it alone t-fuck.

1 Like

Henry you need to establish whether you have a warm or cold roof. Essentially, the moisture-laden warm air that inevitably makes its way up to your attic needs to be handled.

A mistake people often make is ramming the rockwool down into the eaves where air vents are placed to allow circulation, blocking them and causing mould and rot.

Look up the differences between the two and make an informed decision.

In my experience, draughts around windows and doors and under skirting is where the most gains are to be found when trying to up the heat retention in a room or house. The insulation will only help retain what you’re not losing might be a better way of saying it, even if that sentence is very poorly constructed.

4 Likes

Don’t cover the vents
And if no vents in sitiu
Install some
Most of the council houses I tackle ref mould isn’t because tenants won’t open windows etc
It’s that the insulation covers vents and heat/ condensation gets trapped

I’m no expert but common sense should prevail when insulating

4 Likes

A great post all by itself.

As for the foam insulation revolution… there will be tears yet.

3 Likes