Faldo's DIY General thread

Fuck all experience in lifting sheets of ply from the floor anyway

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ply, scewed down. Use flexi geout and quick set grout and adheisive , not rapid set as when you’re not a pro you wont bbe able to work fast enough for it. Have you removed the ware first or are you attempting to tile around it? Tiling around it is not the best idea.

Haven’t removed the ware. Know I should but tiled round it very succesfully when it was difficult to remove in the downstairs one. I’ll be checking it out.

This thread will do fine for my query.

I’ve a few handwash only items. Is there a setting on a washing machine that would wash them ‘gently’ to mimic the effect of handwashing? I presume a slow spin and cold temperature of some sort would do the job?
Or do I have to stick them in the sink with a cup of powder and a scrubbing board?

[quote=“TwoRunnyEggs, post: 617396”]This thread will do fine for my query.

I’ve a few handwash only items. Is there a setting on a washing machine that would wash them ‘gently’ to mimic the effect of handwashing? I presume a slow spin and cold temperature of some sort would do the job?
Or do I have to stick them in the sink with a cup of powder and a scrubbing board?[/quote]

www.weddingsonline.ie should help you

www.weddingsonline.ie should help you.

Use flexi adhesive and flexi grout. Avoid that “adhesive and grout combined” shit. The grouting will inevitably a shitty grey colour.
For perfection, seal the tiles after they’re set and have been cleaned.

Who picked out the tiles?

Are you tiling the wall?

She picked the tiles. Not tiling the wall as of yet but it has been mooted. There’s a run of the mill standard white tile around the shower area but it’s just not big enough so I’ll probably be adding to it. For the moment, though it’s just the floor.

Speaking off which, she is getting the upstairs( bar the jacks) carpeted. The fitter is advising her that we should take up all door saddles. I’m not sure and think it might cause draughts. Any ideas? Also, should I hit the floorboards which are about to be carpeted with sealant in every gap/knot-less knothole prior to the carpeting or will it make much of a difference? And where stand ye on underlay in terms of price and quality?

I say leave the door saddles in anyway

DO as little as possible with your wooden floor you might want it again I’m not a fan of carpet but the quality of the carpet should dictate the quality of the underlay

What do Mexicans have beneath their carpets?

Underlay, Underlay

Clear away the door saddles unless you have a draughty house. Sealing the knots and wont make much difference, put the time into taking down those wall tiles, taking out the shower door and removing the units. Clear the area and have a proper run at it

I’d leave door saddles in , expensive carpet = cheaper underlay and vice versa.

Spent the last hour cutting a channel in a footpath with a consaw and cleaning it with a bolster and lump hammer. My cunt of an electrician from boom times never put in a CAT5 cable from house to front gate. :mad:

Done now anyway. God bless office office work, my handeens are raw enough after an hours hard DIY.

Manual Labour is for shmucks, KP

There is nothing like a bit of manual labour to bring a lad down from his perch.

Any easy way of getting ink off leather lads?

Emergency situation… Little lady I am meant to be “minding” just went wild with the biro on the couch…

So much damage in 1 minute!

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 804276, member: 686”]Any easy way of getting ink off leather lads?

Emergency situation… Little lady I am meant to be “minding” just went wild with the biro on the couch…

So much damage in 1 minute![/quote]
Best idea there would be to get her to colour in the whole couch, then it’s just like you got it reupholstered.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 804276, member: 686”]Any easy way of getting ink off leather lads?

So much damage in 1 minute![/quote]

Hang the little bitch out to dry!