Faldo's DIY General thread

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 804276, member: 686”]Any easy way of getting ink off leather lads?

Emergency situation… Little lady I am meant to be “minding” just went wild with the biro on the couch…

So much damage in 1 minute![/quote]

Id say unfortunately youre fucked KP

Warm soapy water should wash it off handy enough

Kp try spraying wd40 and rubbing off after. Works on most surfaces . If its a very light coloured couch use a test area first.

Get a bit of sandpaper and sand down the damaged area. Buff it up with some shoe polish then.

Thanks for the help lads…

So far Art Foleys seems to be the closest to the mark.

WD40 up next…

Nail polish remover worked pretty well on the ink… It brought most of the leather brown colour with it though :eek:

I’m fucked lads. It was nice knowing ye and best of luck with all ye’re endeavours.

FAO Turfcutter: Contact Colman Sherry Solrs in Gort for the rites to my username.

Have you a cushion or throw to disguise it? Put it in the window and claim sun damage? Deny the allegation, defy the allegator?

The 2 year old will be taking all the blame here!

Arah… herself scratched the side of the car last week so if it flares up I’ll just introduce that snippet to the conversation. :wink:

Aaahh you needn’t have been concerned at all so but with the caveat that you reacted to said scratching of car in a calm, reasonable fashion with the eye to using it if an occurrence demanded.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 804416, member: 686”]The 2 year old will be taking all the blame here!

Arah… herself scratched the side of the car last week so if it flares up I’ll just introduce that snippet to the conversation. ;)[/quote]

Nice action kp. If in mortal danger you may throw in either some manual labour task she’s been hounding you to do for a while or talk about some unspecified(and ultimately unlikely) future home improvement. Keep us posted.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 804343, member: 686”]

I’m fucked lads. .[/quote]

I fecking told ya. Off to cost plus sofas with you before theyre gone

Please tell me you tried WD40? If that doesn’t work call the leather doctor.

The one can of it I had was jammed and wouldn’t work. The ould fella was gone for the day and its fucking impossible to find anything in his workshop.

So I tried alcohol in one spot and its got rid of ink but brought the dye with it. Its fake leather by the looks of it!

Ive left the rest of it till tomorrow. Herself didnt seem to be too bothered…she knows the car will cost more to rectify!

Eamonn and Des give a demonstration here as to how to get the keys out of the car after you’ve locked them in. A dying skill in fairness in the days of remote control central locking and keyless entry

Did Eamonn lock his socks inside the car? The fuckin state of him.

1 Like

If you drive a shitty old Mazda then its a fine skill alright.

Is it a Mazda ?

Looks like a Mazda Premacy from behind to me.

Not a Touran, no?

Small side window is the giveaway.