Faldo's DIY General thread

Quality.

2 Likes

40 shrubs, Just about 2 hours

1 Like

I changed a mixer tap today in the kitchen. Very very very pleased with myself. Could I turn off the hot water though. No chance. Tried everything. Think the valve was just locked tight it was so long since it had been budged. I ended up draining the hot water tank which was a complete fucking waste of hot water…how and ever…

…some of the more eagle eyed amongst you might recall I was seeking advice on unblocking my drains a few weeks back. Well i did anyway or more to the point dyno rod did. Toilets starting to drain slow again last day or so…sent dynorod a fucking rocket anyway to come back and fix it…

…however when i was turning off the mains water outside my house earlier the manhole for mains water was full (of clean water)…I assume that’s not right??.. so i am thinking that there is actually some kind of mains leak which is actually killing the pressure required to keep drains moving…that sound anyway plausible?

did you have a new water meter fitted by those Irish water muppets by any chance, I’ve seen plenty of leaks coming from the meter after they were fitted, I doubt the leak would affect your sewers though because as long your toilet cistern fills up its the same volume of water being flushed

1 Like

I just read back on your original blocked sewer query, did the sewer work away fine after dyno rod blasted it? If so for how long? Could be a blockage further down the line, possibly neighbours gaff or else a dreaded broken sewer pipe, how old is the house?

1 Like

Yes worked fine for last 3 weeks or so
They just blasted it with some high power water hose…was heaps of stones and leaves blocking it

House about 15 years old

1 Like

Not to best of my knowledge

They fitted those meters in the last 3-4 years, the manhole should have a black round plastic cover, anyway your blockage has most likely been pushed further down the line and that gave you 3 weeks of normality by the sounds of it

Cheers. Most likely blockage at neighbours gaff so

Good going kid only slagging

1 Like
3 Likes

All houses should be piped separately to the main sewer so unless a neighbour has the same problem then there is still a blockage between you and the main sewer.

2 Likes

Most are now I think( newer estates,ours is 11 years old and definitely separate)

Could that be just ground water that flowed into it from above, wouldn’t be uncommon with all the rain we’ve had.

2 Likes

Your mains water supply has nothing got to do with your waste sewer pipe. They are completly separate.

There may or may not be a leak at your meter. It could be just surface rain water seaping into the hole below ground level. There has been a lot of rain lately.

1 Like

Quite possible albeit it is sealed fairly tight. Most likely answer

Stop posting videos of yourself here. Thats for boards.ie

1 Like

He better hope not anyway!!

I had a go off this at the weekend, fixed a couple of meters and brought some other bits back up to height. Fairly happy with my efforts so far.

I need to clear a fallen tree and cut out stump before continuing on with the rest of the wall.

1 Like

How does one go about restoring an antique bit of furniture?