Faldo's DIY General thread

Yea, some crap stuck in the infeed valve, or the infeed valve is gone faulty. The infeed pipe connection should have a filter to catch the crap but some fitters loose it or don’t bother putting it in.

You mention the mains but not specifically the shower type; the assumption being we are not talking about an electric contraption.

How and ever, were it an electric shower, your issue would most likely be caused by a sticking solenoid valve. This in an electric coil based tap that opens and closes as you turn on and off the shower.

Replacement is straight forward, you’d pick one up for 50 or 60 notes.

If it’s a mixer shower and you’ve access to the brains of the operation, open it up and clean it out with vinegar or better still limescale remover. Disassemble any parts that you can and soak them in the solution if they are caked up. Replace any o-rings you see.

If you have any rough looking roaster housemates that slam doors, leave lights on, boost the heating with the windows open, leave the house and not lock up, use your shampoo, eat your sliced pan or drink your cider, tell them not to overtighten the shower tap.

2 Likes

Any place online delivering Paint gents?

What colour do you need?

Local Co-Op ?

1 Like

Fleetwood Satin wood white.

Sorry.

I used Carbon Paints before. They have the Dulux satinwood. Site is up anyway. Warning - delivery price on paints is wicked.

Have you a kango ?

1 Like

Need to get someone to go to any dairygold co op ( if near ) orderly and social distancing observed,was in buying paint in my local one a few days ago,I’d stay awayfrom bigger shops ,( Woodies etc)etc

There’s an online paint shop, but you’d be waiting weeks I’d say

Are you Limerick? The Range is open on Childers Road, near Dunnes.

https://www.therange.co.uk/stores/

1 Like

I am surprised at that

@KinvarasPassion this is flying it now. Completely took down and rebuilt another 6m stretch and I’ve nearly finished building a small retaining wall for a herb garden.

The quality of work wont be winning any awards but tis fierce satisfying.

3 Likes

Was gonna ask for an update on this, any photos?

It wasn’t as bad as this starting off, but I took it took rather than be trying to work with the existing.

The big slab of limestone on top of the retaining wall is an old window sill we took out of the house when we were renovating it. So I’m going setting that into it as some class of a seat. Tis rough, but a grand way to pass the day.

26 Likes

Savage work . Fair play

1 Like

Fine job.

1 Like

There’s something very soothing and homely with a dry stone wall, nice job :+1:

2 Likes

Be careful you dont damage that oil pipe.

2 Likes