Faldo's DIY General thread

Scissors lift

No offence lads as I appreciate all the help but this is the “DIY General thread”, not the “I’m a developer who pays contract rates thread”.

Do you think you’ll get equipment cheaper than a developer as an amateur?

Get out a chair if that’s what you want ffs

1 Like

I would if one of my good buddies on here worked in HSS.

Its a painters scaffold you need.Are you inside or out.

Here @habanerocat, hire one of these. Job is oxo

1 Like

An outside job.

Could ye point me in the way of a good pressure washer? Just to do the paths around the house, the steps and the tarmac. I normally get a lend of a Karcher one from a mate, but its about time I got my own one. Thanks.

Power Washing industry is one of the more bizarre beneficiaries from the corona virus

Lidl had this in on Thursday but they could be all sold out as a result of this power washing boom

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/diy-deals/pressure-washer/p40364

1 Like

Its probably cunts like me borrowing washers now everyone has to get their own.

Fierce satisfying to watch though

Nice way to pass afew hours. Makes a big difference around the house.

I havent shaved in three weeks. I might need one of those power washer thingys wephen I do decide to get up off my hole and do something about it.

I gave up using mine on such walkways. It just tore the shit out of everything and made things worse for next year. I just do like my experienced neighbours now and give it a good brushing with hot soapy water. One of the neighbours mixes in bleach, but I donno about that.

2 Likes

We have a lad here who does it. 65 noted which is great value. I get mine done 2/3 times a year. He normally cleans up this time of year with communions etc.

That and trampolines

Best stuff for paths/concrete is the stuff they use to clean milking machines. You can buy it in most agri stores and such. Put it on the night before and hose it down and deck/yard brush it

2 Likes

Do you know what the name of that stuff is?

Clorus? Cloris

2 Likes