Faldo's DIY General thread

9 tonnes you’ll be as well going to direct to the quarry. I just threw out 2 tonne of a river pebble yesterday. That cost 65 a tonne delivered but that from a small place reselling.
If you could get a load direct from a quarry it would probably be half that. All the quarries are closed at the moment I think though.

Are they? Plenty gravel lorries on the roads

What were you using? A supersoaker 2000?

10 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Not all of us live in dwellings where we’re happy to regularly have pigshit outside our door.

If he used his schnozzle it would have been a ten minute job.

2 Likes

Throw pics till we see who has the biggest power washer

Post reported

Was told they are only servicing critical works.

1 Like

If Leo’s letting construction workers back from the 4th they’ll surely reopen them

Fast set is a crock of shit. It goes off too quick to work with it and you can’t get great depth with it. Grand in theory but when your there with it and it’s going off you can literally see your money disappear down the drain.

Get a mixer and do it right the once.

1 Like

Any advice on a house alarm lads? House is already prewired for an alarm

What does your insurance policy say, alarmed or nay?

They don’t need to be wired at all anymore

I have it insured without a house alarm

Ah yeah I no that, just it’s a new house so all the wiring is there

That’s the best scenario in my opinion. Insurance companies look for maintenance certificates, insist upon a monitored system and want to see set logs in the event of a claim.

Fuck that says you.

Think of your alarm along the following lines…

1. The keypad(s)/panel(s)
  2. The controller and backup battery
  3. The sensors
  4. The Comms
  5. The siren.

HKC are probably the most common supplier in Ireland which is good and bad. Good features, reputable equipment… bad in that once they are comprised your ordinary decent criminal will be familiar with its failings.

The app to communicate is handy but costly. If you go with the off the shelf and very common HKC 1070 panel you can integrate it with other home automation platforms but will have a monthly subscription to pony up.

Fuck that says you.

There are alternatives whereby you install a generic panel and flute about with 3rd party apps. This is a security risk. Make of that what you will.

Get an official installer out and get him to quote you 2 or 3 different options. Get your local, trusted sparks out to quote you the under the counter version. And then go with him.

4 Likes

Cheers mate, very informative. I remember at the time there was very little saving for having an alarm anyway

Ya no benefit to it, if you forget to turn it on and you get robbed they won’t pay out either

The Swann CCTV systems are well worth the money.

Alarms aren’t worth a fuck.Nobody pays any heed to them .Better off with CCTV it might put them off robbing the place.

1 Like