Faldo's DIY General thread

There’s a big shadow patch anyway :+1:

As ye know I’ve an external wall that was freshly plastered about a month or more ago. Best advice is wait a month to paint fresh plaster. Unfortunately since the month was up it’s been raining a fair bit and I can’t get the wall to dry out fully. Does it have to be fully dry @Corksfinedtboy?

Technically I’m using a solvent based primer and topcoat in one, based on a modified Alkyd binder.

Sorry ref bad advice, thought twas an interior wall, lash away ta fuck as long as it’s not going to piss within an hour

1 Like

Here’s more rain now.

1 Like

There’s a few marks in the hallway that I’d like to touch up but have no idea what exact paint was used originally… Am I wasting my time here touching up if I can find the shade, chances are I won’t, am I just better painting the whole area?

Waste of time bud, do a whole wall saves hassle later on, when she( and she will) spot the difference, go neutral , any washable matt, great for busy halls , roughish plaster

2 Likes

I was so drunk this morning I forgot to get extension pole for the roller… I’m back in the queue for B &Q… fuck my life

3 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::+1:

Hire a decorator next time, flash the cash, get a painter ( not handyman) for e80/100 a day ATM

:rofl::rofl:

Are you only a small little ladeen that you need an extension pole?

1 Like

They’re cheaper than a step-ladder.

I am, but There’s no way around this kid… from the middle of the stairs to the top of spot I’m painting is about 15 feet.

1 Like

How are you going to cut in?

1 Like

Ned a step ladder to cut in unless you happen to be 7"3

That’s next weekend’s worry…I’ve the main hall and landing done… Skirting board to do in the morning. The fannies of South Cork will be getting waxed again… And last minute your one decides she wants the place painted :roll_eyes: … And I in the middle of celebrating the greatest league win in EPL history.

1 Like

Are the queues still mental in these places these days? Plan on popping into a Woodies tomorrow for a few random bits and pieces, I reckon a Monday morning shouldn’t be too bad. Will be updating the NCT thread as well.

They were today… It moves quick enough tho.

What’s the story with NCT -I was due one in May, will they contact us?

You should be fine until August I think. The cut off date currently is the 28th March - mine was up 20/03. They texted me in fairness, but I was already due a retest over the whole lift farce.

Actually just checked there you will be fine until September - anyone after 28/03 gets a 4 month extension.

She’s hardly waxing fannies out in the hall? :man_shrugging:t2:

My wan not going back at it for another couple of weeks, the bush will knee-high around Limerick

4 Likes