Faldo's DIY General thread

Ah yeah, you’ll get a bucket of shite in B&Q

Good paint is surprisingly dear

2 Likes

https://www.colourtrend.ie/shop/

1 Like

Independent, I’d go for as Woodies own brand etc is ok at times, but for colortend etc go to an independent guy, if in Cork I’d recommend Try color paints, Carrigaline( jack Kent)
Guy in Douglas woolen mills aswell
MD I Shea’s usually have a good reduction at weekend’s,
Likewise Woodies and Band Q take a pensioners cut one day a week (bring an older relative with you)

1 Like

Yeah I’d back it all day, saucy in price but :+1::+1:

1 Like

4 Likes

Not as good as colortend but washable and scrub able, and around e68 - 10 litres( put a tint in it for e10) mighty stuff

There’s a big damp patch on that wall

1 Like

It’s okay lads. The missus decided she didn’t like any of the cheap colours, so he’s here in the shop making me up some special stuff, laughing away to himself

3 Likes

You wearing the Irish rugby jersey #greenjersey #paintitred #economy

60 lids for 5l. Could have been worse. To be fair they had 11 litre tins of perfectly good paint for €65. Just not the right shade of blue unfortunately

1 Like

A bit like TFK - the wrong shade of Blue.

1 Like

I’m blue daba de daba di ~ Eiffel 65

Yes I got colour trend paint at the start of the lockdown and I think they even delivered it themselves. A very good product

3 Likes

Tops without doubt, used Farrow and Ball quite a bit before, Color trend as good if not better, but far more reasonable

Farrow & Ball isn’t worth the price they ask for it. They have, however, a subtle range of colours with the oddest names like Elephants Breath…
You select an F&B colour and toddle into a supplier with a Dulux mixing machine and get your colour re-created for half the price with almost the same durability and quality.

1 Like

Exactly what I do, ref elephants breath , whole inside if Carrigaline GAA is fine with it

Mixed into this for less than e10

What’s the Fleetwood like for outside lad.The Mrs cousin works in a paint shop and he’s telling me there’s no difference between it and Dulux.The Fleetwood is 10 euro a bucket (10 L)cheaper.

1 Like

Ok for outside, but personally I stay clear inside

1 Like