Fantasy Football 2007/08

I’ve already posted this on the Fanstasy Football forum but notsure if anyone reads that anymore so here it is again.

Might I suggest we get a league going for the coming season again. The interest last year seem to disappear by October so this year I suggest we run a monthly competition for 10 a man (no birds allowed). Whoever wants in for a specific month pays the money into a paypal account before the first day of the month, perhaps one of the moderators could run the account. Whoever gets the most points in the calendar month wins. The good thing about that is that you don’t have to be in each month and the interest should remain high as the competition end is not months and months away.

Any thoughts?

Either that or we could run the prediction league and do the same monthly competition lark.

That sounds interesting enough to me. Problem is Shan. He’s fairly bloody good at these things and I know he has never lost any league he has been in.

With the prediction league It hink if you missed weekend you are f**ked, I haven’t done it yet as I’ve never remembered. With the Fantasy Football you can do it once a month and even if you don’t look at it all you still have a reasonable chance.

Either way I’d like the opportunity to lose money.

The prediction league for the GAA is run over the whole summer but there are options to have monthly competitions. In fact if you look at it now you can see who won the June competition for example.

Sorry ignore that I missed what you were saying.

I already have my team all picked at the moment. I do it for the thrilll not the money.

Captainshan wrote:

I already have my team all picked at the moment. I do it for the thrilll not the money.

Surely the money wouldn’t be turned down if you won?

I would donate it to a charity.

I’ve started a league. The code is: 192633-41815

Get your teams in.

I’m in losers. Clarkey you absolutely nailed the colours on the astro jersey. Respect.

I expect to win this comfortably.

I’d also like Rocko to actually manage his team, unlike last year’s debacle.

I shall expect to retain the crown I won last season without a problem. Its just a matter of picking the form players. I still thinking team selection this late in the day.

After Week 1

1 ancicsaor 57 57
2 TFK 55 55
3 Pace Is The Trick Bandage _______ 54 54
4 The Hun Slayers 52 52
5 Hawaii 501 50 50
6 RachelStevens11 46 46
7 slykid FC 44 44
8 Plumpers 38 38
9 Absolute Return 35 35
10 Man Darins United 28 28
11 The Losers Captainshan 2007 27 27

Shocking is all I can say. Nobody did anything for me. Everton conceding against Wigan fecked me over having both Howard and Lescott. Now I have to decide who is going to replace Rooney now.

[size=1]Edited to remove real names[/size]

Post edited by: therock67, at: 2007/08/13 10:19

What’s the story with Michael Dawson?

He’s not listed as injured but didn’t play against Sunderland and I thought I heard a commentator allude to him being injured?

Fats wrote:

What’s the story with Michael Dawson?

He’s not listed as injured but didn’t play against Sunderland and I thought I heard a commentator allude to him being injured?

Thought he was injured too.

The whole competition is tainted now. How can I go any further with this dark cloud hanging over it. We need an FA investigation!

Made a good recovery tonight having Lescott score and Arteta with the two assists.

If I accidentally click into that Sky Digital Media ad one more time…