FAO Briantinnion

ETF’s?

I really hope @briantinnion is having a nice memerial day weekend

I agree, here is a meme to wish @briantinnion a nice memerial day

Thanks guys. Have had a wonderful few days in the Tuscan sunshine surrounded by fellow Americans (have been meaning to outline the details in the relevant holiday thread, will do so tonight).

I’m in the US and having a very nice memorial day so far albeit it’s far too hot for a roaster like me (30 already and it’s not eleven yet)
I have two questions for BT.

1. We went shopping a couple of days ago. I bought some bits and bobs in timberland, including a pair of boots. The assistants were great, but they were bombarding me with memorial day discount this, and memorial day discount that. I paid up and left, and when we got home I told herself how cheap or all was in the sale. When she checked the receipt it transpires they didn’t charge me for the boots. I really really can’t be arsed going back as it’s so hot, and it’s a good 45 min drive. She says it’s not worth bothering and that she was overcharged in a different shop in the same mall.
    Should I go back or not??
    Second. What are your thoughts on brexit, and the short, medium and long term economic ramifications? I’d appreciate advice from @balbec, @anon7035031 @Rocko @Bandage and any other business types. It could be close enough to bother voting.

Ps I was going to vote to stay in, or not bother voting until that cunt junker weighed in, and I’m inclined to vote out now.

Your a gas man Flatty. Give some homeless chap a few bucks to assuage your guilt.

I’m also heading to murica on Wednesday. Temps do look way too high alright.

Would you vote for Ireland to stay in if was a referendum? Same answer for me.

You’d struggle to find homeless person here. The stepford wives would have them soylent greened.

You poshing it out in the Hamptons Flatty?! You’re some boy.

No. Further south. A lot further unfortunately.

1 Like

How far south? I’m heading to Kiawah Island for a wedding in September. Looks to be a nice part of the country.

Re: Brexit I don’t know to be honest. If I was in the UK I’d vote stay. There’s too many unknowns to leaving. Those leading the leave side would also put you off voting leave.

As an Irish person I’m indifferent to them leaving. On the plus side, I work in financial services and a Brexit could see some better paying jobs shift from London to Dublin. On the negative side I expect I will try to get a foot on the property ladder for the first time in the next two to three years and I think a Brexit would lead to an increase in house prices in Dublin (from those leaving London to move to Dublin).

Nomura have a contingency in place to move to Dublin if brexits I hear.
Banking jobs do no good for anyone bar the bankers. They are poisonous otherwise. Dublin suburbs will become unaffordable to everyone other than the bankers themselves, and the social fabric of Dublin will be poisoned. Be careful what you wish for.
Feeding off the crumbs of the banking table is a precarious existence. Prepare to be commuting in from navan again whilst Inda kinny and his ilk turn their arses to the population to better kiss the corporate ring. Cunts one and all. Charlie was a crook with style, Bertie a crook, kinny is a grubby little Smeagol of a man. A Senate seat for a j1 job for his daughter says it all. I’d prefer a good honest wardrobe of charvets.

6 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: UK Immigration

You’re a very moral man pal. As its a faceless corporation like timberland id say fuck them, keep them, you do enough charity work, maybe this was meant to happen.

I’m not worried overly about timberland, more about your man in the shop. I just can’t be bothered. It’s too far and too hot, and I’d feel slightly ridiculous explaining now.

the young lad who served you? sure itll never come back to haunt him the inventory is always all over the place. You’re not doing anything wrong, you had no bad intent here

1 Like

Ah grand so. I was worried they’d have it tight, and either fire him or make him pay out of his wages. Grand job. :clap:

1 Like

How are you marking mahattanhenge?

The May or the July one?

As a New Yorker I must admit I’m immensely excited about this documentary:

It looks absolutely fascinating, the makers got extraordinary access to Weiner. Remember the story at the time and just couldn’t believe how he could be so stupid.