FAO Chartered Accountants

Good luck, pal.

Just reading there on the business pages that there’s a real treat in store at next weeks Chartered Accountants Ireland annual conference in Galway. The keynote speaker will be Ireland rugby coach, Joe Schmidt, who will speak on how to get high performance professionals to achieve their goals and how to make the right calls in a pressure environment.

Myself, @Bandage[/USER] , [USER=6]@briantinnion[/USER] or [USER=464]@ciarancareyshurlingarmy could have done that for them.

ICAI is 2nd in line. Joe already met Limerick hurling management and delivered the same message

I attended a similar talk from Alain Roland recently. We gained a fascinating insight into his decision making process in a highly pressurized environment. He walked us through a number of key refereeing decisions he made over the course of his career using video fotage and intermittently stopping it to explain what he was thinking.

We also had a Q&A at the end.

KPMG ruined this country

Accountants Ireland and rugby football is becoming a toxic mix. Like developers and politicians in the 1990s.

:eek:

Off on study leave for the FAE’s in September today. Huzzah.

Not sure what that sentence actually means but if you keep throwing apostrophes around willy nilly you’ll be no great addition to the ranks.

It was 2004 for me. Wexford were Leinster senior hurling champions. Greece were European football champions. Wexford footballers lost (I think) to Westmeath in Leinster who went on to win the provincial title under the late Páidí O’Sé. But Matty Forde was kicking the lights out that summer in provincial and qualifier games. Good times spent pottering away with a bit of study during the day and going to Wexford games at what seemed like every weekend. Enjoy the build up and good luck, pal.

Remember lads. As soon as ye’re all qualified as accountants, yr can then use yere personalities as contraceptives.

Best of luck

[QUOTE=“iron mike, post: 1156888, member: 3079”]Remember lads. As soon as ye’re all qualified as accountants, yr can then use yere personalities as contraceptives.

Best of luck[/QUOTE]
That’s not a very nice thing to say.

I thought wishing them the best of luck was a very nice thing to do.

It was.

Well sure then what are you giving out about?

Thanks mate.

I’m satisfied with my apostrophe use thank you.

Beat Offaly in a packed Wexford Park. Lost to Derry in Parnell Park I think. Paddy Bradley schooled Phillip Wallace.

Lads,

Now that the taxman is about to ride me without lube on my airbnb income, is my mortgage interest a deductible expense against the income?