FAO Chartered Accountants

I’d imagine it should be. Not tax resident so no idea.

I think the BIK thing is still up in the air - hasn’t been charged as BIK yet anyway as far as I know.

No subscriptions for 2012 yet but the price isn’t going up anyway.

Chartered Accountants Ireland - how I love you so. Just received my first correspondence of the new year from them via electronic mail:

"Dear Member

In recent times, our members gave us two very strong messages: that our subscriptions and CPD were too expensive and that they wanted us to be more relevant to them.

In response to these sentiments, I am pleased to advise you that Council has decided that there will be a further 2% reduction in the rate of 2012 annual subscriptions, a cumulative total of 12% reduction over three years…"

On the day when bus & rail prices have gone up, the Chartered Accountants body comes up with a fucking price reduction. Unbelievable scenes. You can’t say fairer than that. It’s incredible to think an annual subscription is as little as €565 for me, plus of course the optional €96 donation to the benevolent fund to support accountants who have fallen on hard times. There but for the grace of God go I so €661 all in. Tremendous value.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you have to pay that out of your own pocket or does your employer do it?
Seems very steep.

It is steep if you are in a dead end IT helpdesk job alright

:shakefist:

285 for a Chartered Engineer with Engineers Ireland.

Your being ridden raw Bandage… ridden raw.

You get what you pay for.

that swanky new building on pearse street must be causing liquidity issues

Outstanding value as always. The Accountancy Ireland magazine subscription alone must be worth €600+ alone.

BIK doesn’t apply to professional subscriptions if they are relevant to your job. An accounting firm paying and accounting sub for its employees is not liable to BIK for the employee.

August 2011 was breathtakingly good.

The Chartered Accountants of Ireland have gone even further in my estimations now that I know that BIK McFarlene is a member

+1

Its as simple as that really.

Lads is it true that when an auditor resigns from a company it is a sure sign of dodgy taxes ??

I’ll field this.

Not necessarily.

Is it likely

dp

An audit is not specifically to do with taxes.turfcutter. Taxes are usually only a small part of an audit. You may be thinking of a tax audit by the Revenue which is a completely different thing.

An auditor could resign for a multitude of reasons - fees being one of the main ones that comes up, sometimes the job doesn’t pay. There could of course be something going on that the auditor doesn’t agree with and has no option but to resign but I wouldn’t take it as a definte sign that something is up.

Give us more information on your situation please.

It’s possible but I’d say it’s not the only reason, it it’s a reason at all. Statutory auditors look at the Financial Statements, tax and deferred tax are merely 2 line items on this. Mis-statements could occur anywhere and we should be professionally sceptical at all times.

They mightn’t have paid their fees. They mightn’t have given sufficient information. There could be a myriad of reasons.